Come join our growing team to deliver technology solutions that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. We strive to deliver amazing technology experiences for our employees, and ensure that our offices have all the technology that is needed for the future of work. The Staff Network Engineer will be responsible for all things related to networking, implementation and maintenance for a variety of cloud based and on premise network technology platforms here at Okta. The main focus will be on the devices and applications that power connectivity at our various offices around the world. You will work closely with other members of the Workplace Technologies team to ensure that the network is reliable, secure, documented, monitored, and has adequate capacity to run the many technologies that power our offices. The person filling this role should always be exploring ways to get the most out of the equipment and applications used on our networks, and keep up on trends and innovations happening in the network space. You will also work to integrate the network wherever possible with other technologies. In a nutshell, you’ll help us make really cool things happen for our employees!
This role can be staffed in either our San Francisco California, Bellevue Washington, or Washington D.C. offices and will require the individual to travel to the office a few times a month.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical delivery and integrations for our network infrastructure in global offices and IT AWS environments
- Develop and update overall service integration design
- Research, design, and implement innovative technologies that support Dynamic Work
- Work closely with the Workplace Technologies Engineering Manager to plan projects and implementation of new systems
- Work closely with the larger Workplace Team, IT Teams, and other stakeholders to understand requirements for technical solutions or integrations
- Manage life-cycle of systems and schedule preventative maintenance and enhancements
- SME for several technology platforms in the Neteng portfolio and related integrations
- Conduct technical training sessions and create documentation for team members as part of the operations/support handoff process
- Conduct rapid prototypes and POCs for new technology solutions
- Act as an escalation point for break/fix issue resolution
- Always be innovating and improving our infrastructure and processes
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience as the technical SME for a combination of network based technology solutions
- Vendor management
- Experience procuring and installing Internet connectivity
- Experience evaluating, testing, and deploying technology solutions to meet defined business needs
- Experience managing wireless networks, preferably cloud based (Mist, Meraki, Aruba Central)
- Strong Experience with Juniper/JUNOS switching/routing
- Strong Experience with Palo Alto Networks NGFWs
- Experience with Okta, preferably in an admin role, with an understanding of SCIM, workflows, SSO/SAML. Okta certified, or interest in becoming Okta certified would be encouraged
- Proven knowledge of networking technologies and protocols (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN, ACLs, Firewall Policies)
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring platforms and protocols (Syslog, SNMP)
- Proven documentation strategy
- Experience with enterprise office build and construction process
- Experience with AWS would be beneficial
- Experience with API usage and management would be beneficial
- Strong experience integrating platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Experience with agile software approaches, including experience with tools like Jira and Github to help manage those processes
- Data visualization software (Tableau) experience is a nice to have
- Strong technical curiosity and “let’s figure it out” superpowers
- Willingness to travel in the future as needed ~10-20% of time.
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $103,000 year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.