Okta Engineering Services team is looking for a lead Software Engineer to help us scale and increase velocity. You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management, and Quality. We have a great team driving innovative projects- join us and bring your ideas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and developer productivity.
- Design and implement Continuous Delivery pipelines for a diverse set of projects using Java, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Python, Node, iOS, Ruby, Bash, and Go.
- Provide technical input by implementing Proof of Concept, influence the choice of the right technology, contribute to existing frameworks, and review design and code.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Support pre-prod infrastructure in AWS--monitoring, backup and restore, SLA, cost control, deployment.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines and infrastructure (5+ years exp)
- Experience working with Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker registry, NPM registry
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Experience with Android and/or iOS (mobile build infrastructure) is a plus
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion.
Education and Training:
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.