Come join our growing team to deliver technology solutions that power our amazing workplaces and deliver on the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. The Staff Workplace Technologies Systems Engineer will be responsible for system design, implementation and maintenance for a variety of workplace technologies here at Okta. The main focus will be on dynamic work technologies, enabling the Okta workforce to stay productive wherever they choose to work. Many of these services are showcased in our Workplace Experience app which this role will be responsible for managing and maintaining as a primary responsibility. The person filling this role will need to work closely with the team to establish seamless integrations with our workplace experience app, identify and explore innovative new workplace technologies, and will be the technical point of contact for processes related to the app such as Okta workflows/integration, security reviews, etc.
As workplace technologies rely on more cloud services, Saas integrations, and vendor-specific API’s, our team relies on the staff system engineer to deliver integrations that are reliable, scalable, and documented. Modern app development techniques like CI/CD pipelines, code repositories, and peer review, are essential. While a development background will be very helpful for this role, we are looking for a systems integration engineer—rather than a dedicated developer—who can incorporate these techniques to create a robust, integrated system of workplace technologies at Okta.
This role can be staffed in either our San Francisco, San Jose, or Bellevue, WA offices
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical delivery and integrations for our workplace experience app in conjunction with our product manager and our app vendor
- Develop and update overall service integration design
- Research, design, and implement innovative technologies that support Dynamic Work
- Work closely with the Workplace Technologies Engineering Manager to plan projects and implementation of new systems
- Work closely with the larger Workplace Team, the IT Teams, and other stakeholders to understand requirements for technical solutions or integrations
- Manage life-cycle of systems and schedule preventative maintenance and enhancements
- SME/technical lead for several technology platforms in the Workplace Tech portfolio and related integrations, potentially including the workplace experience app, occupancy sensors, smart lockers, mobile badging/access control system, wireless charging.
- Conduct technical training sessions and create documentation for team members as part of the operations/support handoff process
- Conduct rapid prototypes and POCs for new technology solutions
- Act as an escalation point for break/fix issue resolution
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience as the technical SME for a combination of workplace technology solutions - digital signage, badging/access control, smart lockers, occupancy sensors, wayfinding, etc.
- Vendor management and custom software experience
- Proven experience delivering engaging employee technology solutions for within a large enterprise
- Previous experience evaluating, testing, and deploying technology solutions to meet defined business needs
- Nice to have - knowledge of, or prior experience with Workplace Experience apps such as Modo
- Experience with Okta, preferably in an admin role, with an understanding of SCIM, workflows, SSO/SAML. Okta certification or interest in becoming Okta certified
- Experience with Node.js and AWS would be beneficial
- Strong experience with API usage and management as well as CI/CD pipeline
- Strong experience integration platforms to deliver technical solutions
- Experience with agile software approaches, including experience with tools like Jira and Github to help manage those processes.
- Data visualization software (Tableau) experience is a nice to have
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN)
- Strong technical curiosity and “let’s figure it out” superpowers
- This role can be based in either our SF, SJ, or Bellevue offices with the ability and willingness to travel in the future as needed ~10-20% of time
- Strong focus on customer/technology experience - we love our internal customers and hope you will too!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.