We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager - Security to lead and deliver strategic projects and programs enabling Okta to scale. In this role you will partner with the Delivery Teams and Internal Business stakeholders to deliver large BT (Business Technology) initiatives.
You will be the point person to clarify strategic goals, detailed requirements, architectural solutions and execution plans. You will not only have strong TPM experience driving security initiatives, but also experience implementing operational and process improvements in SaaS and agile environments.
The TPM role is inherently cross-functional and requires the ability to be a strategic thinker while at the same time being willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. This is a leadership position requiring strong TPM experience and demonstrated ability to successfully implement complex programs in a SaaS Security and agile environment.
- Program manages various security initiatives within BT and beyond BT organization, across multiple teams; develops and maintains detailed project plans including dependencies; tracks and keeps projects on schedule, manages deadlines, takes a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduces efficiencies, and provides solutions.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and time-bound security and compliance projects within and beyond BT organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, and providing continuous transparency.
- Employ communication strategies to ensure clear and crisp transparency around status and progress of initiatives at all levels of the organization and senior executives.
- Partner with a broad set of stakeholders to drive initiatives that meet business and technology objectives enabling Okta to scale and optimize.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with the teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Build and maintain the alignment across multiple teams to keep a focus on execution, continuous improvement and operational excellence. Facilitate effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across the organization with many competing priorities. Improves the productivity of the entire team by crafting process efficiencies, and filling in gaps where needed
- Champion the adoption of the agile best practices within BT organization.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years of project/program management experience in a cloud/SaaS environment
- 3+ years experience with delivering security and compliance initiatives within BT and Security organization preferred; Expertise with vendor management & negotiations, network and infrastructure, vulnerability management, compliance documentation, and program management support for Security products such as Infoblox, Splunk, AWS, PAN, JAMF, CrowdStrike and VMware Workspace one.
- 2+ years working with agile framework and scrum practices
- Demonstrated ability in communicating and presenting to all levels of an organization
- Proven experience working hand-in-hand with business systems’ technical owners, configuration administrators, software engineers, configuration administrators, quality and test engineers and/or business process owners
- Knowledge of Security frameworks such as NIST, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley and GDPR. Experience in building Zero Trust environments, and delivering complex endpoint security projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in working with project management and collaboration Tools (Jira and Confluence, Google Suite, Smartsheet, Asana, Slack, Zoom, Miro, Coupa, etc)
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment.
Education and Training
- Bachelors of Science in CS, MIS, related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 1 year of technical work experience
- Graduate coursework a plus; Security certification preferred (ISC / CISSP)
- Scrum Leader or other PM certification preferred (CSM, A-CSM, PMP etc)
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.