Okta’s Messaging and Collaboration Engineers perform a critical role in defining and maintaining the email and collaboration platforms. This role within the Business Technology (BT) Engineering department offers the opportunity to be part of the evolution of end-user messaging, collaboration, search, and productivity technologies across the company. They will research, re-design, and build detailed solutions/repeatable patterns (run books) for internal BT and end-users, transitioning knowledge to BT Service Desk, and provide 3rd level support when advance troubleshooting is required.
The ideal candidate is an expert messaging, collaboration, and productivity product engineer who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining a standard delivery and operations model. This role’s focus is collaboration and productivity services: Google Workspace, Slack, Proofpoint, and Atlassian Technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer guidance to lead and manage all aspects of the messaging and collaboration environments
- Support users and the Service Desk with issues related to connectivity and usability to the collaboration systems, which includes escalated support for client issues, message tracking, and product functionality
- Manage backend services as relates to Collaboration systems
- Review and maintain scheduled tasks related to Google Workspace and Search
- Review and update policies for Slack and Atlassian Technologies
- Provide and follow best practices for collaboration architectures
- Plan and document changes in the environment
- Create and manage automation and integrations between services
- Manage the overall security of the collaboration environment
- Must be familiar with documenting, enabling, and supporting the use of email encryption
- Release emails blocked due to RTF rule or false positive spam score
- Use message trace to monitor email delivery and threats
- Create and manage encryption rules
- Configure and manage DKIM services
- Support and maintain e-discovery and content search
- Manage permissions for all Google, Slack, and Atlassian related resources
- Review global outages and communication issues to BT leadership
- Run Analytic reports as needed for collaboration products for BT and Security leadership
- Experience in defining/generating reports and metrics.
- Must have the ability to work closely with other Vendors and BT on issues
- Must be able to work with vendors to introduce new collaborative and innovative features to the collaboration environment
- Submit Change Management items to CAB as needed
- Ability to create scripts to invoke changes and gather data
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience desired.
- We will consider candidates with relevant IT industry certifications (Okta, ITIL, GPCE, MCSA, MCITP, or MCTS).
- Deep knowledge of messaging technologies and protocols
- Strong understanding of Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DKIM records
- Basic knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, Bash, and Python)
- Knowledge of using REST APIs
- Will be required to be accessible 24x7 in case of emergency
- Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.