Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees. Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Workplace Technologies Support Engineers help ensure we are providing world class on site technology support for our employees and our spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for speedy issue resolution for employee IT issues, proactive improvements, and have a strong customer first mindset. You will be part of a globally distributed onsite support team that provides IT “concierge desk” support for our employees as well as maintaining in-office technologies such as Zoom rooms, printers, digital signage, among others. You will also share knowledge with our employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. You will be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology solutions that makes it easier to get our best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides a world class in-office experience by offering our IT Concierge Desk support and services. This Support Engineer will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our internal customers. A successful IT Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Okta’s video and teleconferencing are powered by Zoom and Zoom Phone. Our conference rooms are an important part of the workplace experience. Quick issue resolution and regular proactive maintenance are key to keeping the organization running. This includes daily room checks to confirm systems are functioning and equipment is in place for meetings to be successful. Additionally, this technician will help with event setup and support for live sound and helping presenters with technical needs onsite, off site, and virtual events.
Our goal is to make sure that our Oktanauts have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily conference room VC system checks and preventative maintenance. This will include confirming functionality and resolving issues
- Provide daily onsite support for our employees
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate with our customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Create knowledge articles and videos to enable our team and customers with technology best practices
- Live event support during all company meetings and smaller meetings in event spaces
- Provide white glove support for senior leadership and critical meetings
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our global staff (all worker types and employee levels). Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, Slack, and email
- Inventory and asset management including receiving and building of hardware as well as ongoing management of assets (loaners, redeploying used assets, EOL older assets, loss prevention, etc.)
- Strive to resolve all employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with onsite projects as assigned
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 4+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- 3+ years supporting video conferencing room systems; supporting live corporate events
- Experience with Zoom and Zoom phone
- Experience with high priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical degree or related work experience required
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- High business level of English; native level of Japanese
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.