Come join our growing team to deliver amazing technology support experiences that fuel the vision of Dynamic Work for our employees!
Technology experience is the guiding force of our work and our Workplace Technologies Onsite Support Lead will help ensure we are providing world class technology support for our employees and our spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Workplace Technologies Support Engineer that focuses on speedy issue resolution for Okta’s employees, both onsite and remote, with a high focus on quality and engagement. You will be in charge of the onsite technologies in our Tokyo and APAC offices. You are a subject matter leader that drives issue resolution and has a strong customer first mindset. You will collaborate with key team members to lead quick and scalable solutions. You will ensure the team you lead provides high quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will also share knowledge with our employees, training them to use technology to power their productivity as we continue on our Dynamic Work journey. In this role, you will be a strong advocate for our employees, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology teams that makes it easier for everyone to get their best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data driven, and always focus on the employee experience.
Okta provides a world class technology experience by offering the best support and service. This Workplace Technologies Onsite Support Lead will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our employees. A successful Workplace Technologies Onsite Support Lead must have a strong understanding of common internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, Google Workspace, Zoom, Office, Okta), hardware (Apple/Windows), mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on leader that can provide daily onsite and remote IT support for our employees
- Build key measurements of success and streamlined processes for the Japan and APAC region
- Lead meetings and work very closely with our key business partners
- Meet and/or exceed service delivery expectations for support and services
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate with our customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer first mindset
- Oversee and maintain our onsite technology (Zoom Rooms, Printers, Mobile Carts, Digital Signage)
- Identify root cause of issues and document in RCA documents
- AV event support during meetings and smaller meetings in event spaces
- Provide premiere support for senior leadership and critical meetings
- Provide support for a seamless and amazing onboarding experience for our new employees
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support to our staff. Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, Slack, and email.
- Strive to resolve all employee support interactions on first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist and manage projects as assigned
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of time to other Okta offices or for offsite events
- Dynamic support to ensure all our employees have the support they need.
- Ability to support onsite in Tokyo offices and remote locations
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years proven experience of leading a support team
- 3+ years of leading and building teams to empower and support their growth
- 6+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support in corporate environments
- 6+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment with responsibility managing user/role based access to systems
- Experience with Zoom and Zoom Rooms or other software-based room systems
- Experience with high priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- High business level of English; native level of Japanese
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.