Advanced Services Engineers are responsible for supporting our most complex customers. They help troubleshoot and investigate issues, which can result in a fix, a bug filed with engineering, or a Professional Services engagement.
This team does the triage to get the customer on the right path to a resolution. The role requires both broad and deep technology and identity management knowledge and a developed sense of customer empathy. The role collaborates with Support, Product teams, and Professional Services to ensure premier handling of our largest customers.
Day to day:
You will work across 3 phases of our lifecycle to support our customers;
- Discovery - This involves engaging with the customer to determine what they are trying to accomplish and identifying a problem statement. You may reproduce the issue or prototype a solution as needed.
- Troubleshooting - This involves researching past issues (previous records and investigating applicable best practices) and either providing a fix (if possible) or engaging with other teams on a resolution.
- Reporting - This involves providing the solution and RCA to the customer, writing up findings to support future issue investigations, and giving guidance for necessary changes on the customer’s side.
Is this role for you?
- Knowledge of HTTP, encryption, basic security concepts
- Understanding of authentication and authorization concepts
- Are good at empathizing with developers and have experience troubleshooting environments
- Familiarity with the whole development lifecycle including modern development tools, languages and frameworks, continuous integration/deployments tools and monitoring, performance, and optimization practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers and teammates. Ability to communicate, influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve successful outcomes for the business. This will include explaining technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders if required. Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Passion for continuous improvement. Has an ability to identify new opportunities for process improvement and is comfortable giving feedback about what team interactions are effective and which could be improved
- Must have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- Can articulate what is going on. Has a strong understanding of situation status and ensures others are aware
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $135/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.