Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
The APAC Technical Support Team Lead is a Knowledge Domain Expert who is able to help build a world class support team for the region. If you have technical depth, a customer-first mentality, a keen interest in a key leadership role, and interest in working in a dynamic, high growth, learning environment, this role is for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Warm handoff stand-ups from region to region
- Become the region Knowledge Domain Expert - oversees knowledge area Knowledge Center Support
- Works with training team to ensure Transfer of Information occurs for new features/versions
- Technical trend recognition and improvements for product area
- Release review dissemination, provides overview to team on new releases and potential call drivers
- Product area backlog management
- Works with the training team to ensure Transfer of Information occurs for new features/versions with clear communication and distribution of release reviews
- Work closely with the Community team to coordinate response
- Coordination with the supportability team to ensure upkeep of learning paths for different technical domain support teams.
- Case reassignment and queue management assistance
- Provides real time technical guidance to Support engineers via slack, Salesforce, and/or Jira
- Collaborates cross functionally with other department leads including Technical Support leads, in support of process consistency, visibility and during escalation management.
- Assistance with technical backlog reviews in support of reduced TTR and capturing areas of technical training needed
- Displays strong customer experience skills when supporting customers, and to assist in reviewing customer feedback for on-going improvement
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer issues and ensure they are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Displays proactive judgement related to customer issues that need more visibility, escalation, or added technical expertise, to ensure the team is always ahead of potential blockers of customer success.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of global enterprise technical software support, system administration or related customer facing role. With at least 3+ years in a technical team lead role.
- Strong Fluency in written and spoken in English
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, DMZ, Load balancers and IIS.
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Skill in troubleshooting network problems and discussing network design as it pertains to systems
- Providing Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host.
- Installing and hardening Linux operating systems and for applying security and recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis
- Performing system modifications to accommodate hardware and OS version upgrade.
- Real passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment. Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions. Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications. Experience supporting REST APIs. MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Understanding of infrastructure administration SSH and RDP and automation
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures and debugging
- Basic knowledge of PKI
- Certifications: Okta Certified Profession and Okta Certified Administrator, MCSE, AWS and/or Azure certifications
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.