In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation and deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on team player who can rapidly learn the Okta platform, our technology and the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will be assigned to multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work hands on with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting services.
- Communicate to customers and partners at the technical level appropriate for the situation.
- Be dedicated in providing excellent deployment solutions resulting in extraordinary customer satisfaction.
- Be prompt and deliver high quality service to align with customer goals and requests.
- Manage project scope, schedule, status, and documentation.
- Assist customers on the services as needed.
- Participate in the interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Perform hands on technical configuration and troubleshooting of the Okta service.
- Engage in multiple concurrent deployment projects.
- Commit to and use a knowledge repository for deployment standard methodologies and other customer ideas as continuous improvement.
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Software development experience (Java, Ruby, .Net, Python, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
- Desirable to have familiarity and experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Desire to work independently and multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as on-premise IT landscapes.
- AD and LDAP knowledge is preferred.
- Willing to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is desirable.
- Able and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to learn API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee is preferred.
- Up to 1 year experience as a technical consultant delivering solutions to external customers is desired but not required.
- Good to have problem solving skills.
Team and Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.