We are growing the Auth0 Private Cloud Operations team and are looking for experienced Systems Engineers. You would be a great match for the team if you enjoy challenging problems and are passionate about customers. Not only are we looking for talented engineers, but we are also looking for people who will contribute to our great culture.
Many of our largest customers rely on our dedicated Private Cloud (PSaaS) to build identity solutions in their products. The Private Cloud Operations team is responsible for deploying and maintaining these environments. We are dedicated to continually improving the way we work while staying committed to providing an excellent level of support for our customers.
You’d love this opportunity if you want to contribute to our mission "to secure the world's identities so innovators can innovate”. You will fit right in if you care deeply about serving customers and feel passionate about how security, reliability, and scalability positively impact customer value.
This is a 100% Remote Eligible role.
What you'll be working with:
- AWS services and resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB/ALB, VPC, RDS, SNS, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, IAM
- Ubuntu Linux, Nginx, MongoDB, Docker, Postgres
- Standard protocols like HTTP, TLS/SSL, DNS, SSH, TCP/IP
- Custom deployment tools leveraging Terraform, Python, Ruby, and Puppet
- Version control using Git and Github
- Observability tools - Pagerduty, Pingdom, Datadog, SumoLogic
- Communication tools - Slack, Zoom, Atlassian, GSuite, Salesforce
How you’ll succeed:
- Contribute to a passionate and dedicated cross-functional team, fully remote and distributed in many regions across the globe
- Collaborate with many other technical and service teams across the organization
- Respond to emerging issues impacting our customers, providing troubleshooting, triage, diagnosis, root cause analysis, and resolutions
- Leverage your advanced knowledge of Linux engineering and internals; including services, networking, and file systems
- Provide excellent support during customer interactions through tickets or calls
- Deploy and secure new private, dedicated customer environments on AWS
- Maintain and update platform infrastructure
- Perform application setup, integrations, configuration, and updates
- Train with and learn from your experienced and knowledgeable teammates
- Apply critical thinking in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; a sense of urgency is a must
- Fill the gap between front lines support and product engineering, especially when core engineering support is limited
- Delve into product features, troubleshooting and reverse engineering in order to resolve issues and report bugs
- Explore ways to improve processes and automate everyday tasks
- Dig into problems to understand, document, and prevent root causes
- Augment and refine critical and growing documentation
- Troubleshoot complicated network connectivity issues with an advanced understanding of concepts like routing, firewalls, ACLs, Security Groups, etc.