This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Okta as a Cloud Enterprise Architect across our EMEA region. We are a leader in the Identity-As-A-Service for the Enterprise (IDaaS) and in the Access Management market and offer the most complete access management platform for Workforce and Customer IAM.
The Cloud Enterprise Architect is a technical authority on both cloud and on-premises based IT systems. The role, while predominately a post-sales position responsible for providing enterprise architecture delivery services for Okta customers, has a services pre-sales element supporting the Okta Services Sales. The Cloud Enterprise Architect develops relationships with key customers and partners to help them achieve their business goals while promoting creative solutions.
In a post-sales capacity, the Cloud Enterprise Architect translates early business needs and insights into an actionable strategy and designs and assists customers in driving these initiatives to early results and high business value. Working in coordination with the Project Managers and Technical Consultants, the architect oversees and supports the complete delivery of our customer projects to ensure our customers’ success.
In a pre-sales capacity, the Cloud Enterprise Architect works closely with the Services Sales team to create sales presentations, educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to leverage the Okta products, as well as contribute to precise, complete and pragmatic Statements of Work. Typically involved in the more complex customer engagements, the Cloud Enterprise Architect combines technical expertise and business acumen to support the services sales cycle.
This is a key member of the Professional Services (PS) team in a pivotal role spanning early customer engagement all the way to go-live activities. It is, therefore, expected of the person in this role to demonstrate both business savvy and technical leadership in order to improve the value realisation of the Okta platform. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Architecture.
- Support the services sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Provide technical discovery (via discovery calls / workshops), risk evaluation, and risk mitigation throughout the deal cycle
- Assist engagement managers in building statements of work (SOWs) with proper phasing and order of execution that will help ensure customer success during delivery.
- Review estimates and SOWs submitted for approvals by EMs to ensure scope and technical risk are appropriate for the scoped effort
- Build and integrate “Delivery Models” into estimates to better allocate resources to various project sizes for the different Sales Segments
- Collaborate with Okta Engineering and Okta Sales Engineering teams as needed for recommendations to improve product and sales
- Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer’s organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
- Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer’s existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams.
- Utilize your understanding of a customer’s holistic environment including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, and applications to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable and can be implemented by the customer or professional services.
- Assist in keeping the Okta Estimator Modules fresh, accurate, and useful to EMs to enable consistent scoping and sizing of various types of effort being scoped
- Produce phased architecture artifacts that help clients understand the roadmap for success.
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta.
- Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Translate requirements to designs and to provide technical leadership and oversight.
- Support the creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
- Use a variety of tools to help depict complex architecture diagrams and sequence diagrams that include single sign-on, provisioning, MFA, and delegated authentication.
- Use your understanding of various SSO protocols - such as SAML, OIDC, KERBEROS, to plan multi-protocol integration architectures that incorporate Okta with various technologies.
- Develop strategic plans for identity services, including, but not limited to, transition strategies, bundling strategies, mission/vision descriptions, and positioning strategies.
- Develop Identity and Access Management (IAM) technical standards for interoperability and portability across multiple vendor solutions.
- Work closely with the sales and professional services teams to properly package, market and sell services.
- Build Services Accelerators to demonstrate thought leadership and optimize delivery for complex scenarios commonly encountered by our customers.
- Assist in periodic customer health-checks and project reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent level of industry experience, with a blend of overall IT/software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience.
- Good level of customer consulting experience.
- Proven experience in driving application architecture design.
- A deep level of experience with (IAM) architectures, from specification and design to implementation and transition to production.
- Hands-on experience and understanding with cloud computing solution implementations including AWS, Google Apps, Salesforce etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with CxOs and high-level customer executives.
- Experience in leading discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications and system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST.
- Knowledge of software development security and cryptography.
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack.
- Proficiency with various open source software and development tools.
- Proficiency in one or more of .Net, Ruby, Java, Python or Perl.
- Proficiency in git or Subversion.
- Familiarity with IAM solution providers is strongly desired.
- Demonstrable confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to identify critical issues with ease.
- Effective communication of technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Management of customer expectations.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as required.
Education and Certification
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other technical specialisation preferred
- CISSP, CCSP, SSCP, Okta, Auth0 or other certifications are a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.