The Commercial Customer Success Manager will be responsible for complementing Okta’s innovations, best practices and capabilities with our valued customers’ business objectives and priorities thereby driving higher business value and executive alignment between Okta and our customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service and risk management. You will perform routine health checks and assist with business value assessment to ensure our customers get the most ROI from Okta. The success of this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Okta business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact post implementation. Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and escalation management role.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are leveraging the solution to achieve full business value.
- Partner with internal Okta stakeholders to align account activities with the customer's business case and strategy.
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs.
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Work with the sales team to properly position and sell additional products and services.
- Deliver Quarterly Business Reviews
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated customer success experience in SaaS organization
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management.
- General technical aptitude and the ability to keep up with a rapidly growing product suite.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Experience in systems support.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information , Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence
- Experience of SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- This is generally an inside role, but some light travel may be required
- Ability to manage multiple customer projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage customers from inception to successful deployments and handover to sales when the leads are qualified for upsell.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions with customers.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
Education, Training and Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work