Position Description: The Commercial Renewals Manager will work directly with the customers, partner with Sales, Customer Success and Okta Alliances teams in driving successful renewals and ultimately mitigating churn and securing long term renewals. They are responsible for meeting renewal rate and growth targets.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the subscription renewal process for a defined set of customers to ensure continuous access to Okta products and services, drive long-term agreements, and maintain and grow Okta revenue.
- Proactively manage a quarterly portfolio of 40+ customer renewals, $3M+ in ARR
- Own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with Customer Success, Sales or Okta Alliances to formulate a renewal strategy which may include: improving the value to the customer, driving revenue growth, and mitigating churn risk
- Build relationships with customer executives and stakeholders to understand objectives and accelerate their path to value by identifying additional service, training and/or support needs
- Work closely with Deal Desk, Order Management, and Legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
- Prepare proposals, including renewal rate calculations, verify contracts, review terms and conditions
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
- Track and document all renewal activities in Salesforce and other Okta business applications
- Forecasting renewals, upsells, churn with accuracy
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
- Comfort negotiating Saas agreements
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred (not required)
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $113,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.