The mission of the Community Engineer (CE) is to partner with other community engineers with the goal of building, growing, and maintaining a community for developers interested in Customer Identity Cloud (CIC). The role of the CE as part of Okta mission is to provide a great experience to developers participating in the community through solid and quick technical support while reducing knowledge gaps through published content. This is definitely a hybrid role: part software developer, developer advocate, knowledge publisher, and developer support engineer. As a Community Engineer, not only will you help developers integrate CIC into their solutions, but you will also shape how CIC is perceived by the developer community.
- Interact with developers around the world to help them integrate Customer Identity Cloud (CIC) into their products and solve technical issues they run into, mainly through the Discourse community forum but also via CIC Community social media by answering technical questions not covered by the community directly.
- Help community members enrich the quality of the discussions by moderating both questions and answers and reducing knowledge gaps. Participate directly in the forum, getting insights, discussing with developers, publishing knowledge solutions, etc.
- Working closely with community members to provide break-fix solution support, operational maintenance, and support services.
- Detect valuable patterns and gather feedback for the rest of the company within the CIC community forum (i.e. valuable content to produce knowledge-centered support articles, etc.).
- Document and publish knowledge-based articles on trending Community topics.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to resolve customer facing challenges and empower self-guided support.
- Relay product and documentation feedback, and positively affect shared initiatives.
- Build proof of concept and sample applications for our customers.
- Collaborate with our Social Media team on responding to customers on Twitter.
- Ability to break down highly complex problems into actionable solutions.
- Growth attitude — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with the team's assistance.
- Love to code and solve technical issues varying in complexity and technology.
- Naturally empathize with developers and technical challenges.
- Passion for interacting with customers and possessing the ability to effectively communicate through multiple channels, including but not limited to knowledge solutions, blog posts, chat tools, email, zoom.
- Customer centric and working vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
- Enthusiastic about writing and educating customers on technical concepts that are easily digestible.
- Enjoy writing and teaching, capable of explaining technical concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- Knowledge of HTTP, encryption, and basic security concepts.
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals and common architectures.
- Ability to troubleshoot REST APIs with Postman, cURL, or similar tools.
- Ability to work with and debug code snippets and SDKs.
- Experience with troubleshooting developer environments.
- Experience with dealing with forums and are comfortable with a remote working environment.
- Proven experience working or participating in a developer community.
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly pick up and audit programming languages.
- Experience with the Auth0 stack.
- Experience with security and identity management. (i.e implemented authentication to an app, security fundamentals, cryptography, encryption)
- Knowledge in one or more authentication protocols / specifications: OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, WS-FED, LDAP, Azure AD, etc.
- Exposure to front-end JS libraries like React, Angular, etc.
- Experience using Salesforce and Salesforce Knowledge
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.