Customer Success Architect is a newly established global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and best practices and continuously advance our technical skillset. We are Okta’s product experts, and we enable Okta's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing advice.
A CS Architect, CIAM Specialist will continue to provide highest level technical advisory service to our largest customers by providing strategic guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Okta. They are held in high regard as an expert and trusted advisor for how our solutions translate to business value. The CIAM specialization requires a career focus on creating frictionless user experiences for customers using IDaaS APIs. The successful candidate must understand the differences between a traditional workforce focus and CIAM, including the challenges associated with cybersecurity and compliance.
- Bridge the gap between Cybersecurity and Marketing/Product who typically drive CIAM initiatives
- Advise on best practices and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
- Be the customer’s advocate by knowing their goals and use cases then suggesting process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet their requirements
- Drive adoption for the product and proactively engage with largest accts to ensure success
- Deliver and lead live bi-annual roadmap sessions with customers >$1M ARR
- Deliver 1:many seminars for specific products and features
- Take and respond to reactive questions from CSE/Ms
- Be the primary Customer Success liaison with the Product team, providing input and receiving guidance
- Be the voice of the customer process owner
- Mentor and establish strong personal relationships with the customer’s champions
- 12+ years of total experience in information technology, with at least 5 years of that working in the Customer/consumer Identity (CIAM) space
- The ideal candidate will have a background as a software developer, product manager, software or application architect using modern web development technologies (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc) in a consumer and/or B2B setting
- Experience in educating and working with the developer community is a plus
- Experience with one or more CIAM vendor solutions: Okta, Auth0, other leaders in the CIAM space or complimentary to Okta
- Understand how marketing and sales drive UX through CIAM differentiators (social login, progressive login, CRM integration, etc.)
- Understanding of legal and privacy issues involved in tracking and managing user consent and privacy preferences
- Familiarity with API Gateways such as Apigee, Mulesoft, etc and their role in API Management
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- This position will be located remotely but must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.