As a Senior Curriculum Developer at Okta, the primary responsibilities will be to create Okta learning content for our customers, partners, and employees. This position will focus on the creation and maintenance of: on-demand video and eLearning content, and instructor led course materials including hands-on lab activities. The curriculum developer will be a part of a team building a growing training department. The candidate must have strong instructional design and project management skills. Prior experience and proven success in curriculum development and design is critical. Prior training delivery experience is a plus. To be successful in this position, you will be flexible and ready to take on any tasks that relate to continually improving the training process as well as contribute to its strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Develop instructor led training materials for classroom and virtual courses: participant and leader guides, job aids, hands-on lab activities, and presentation materials focused on interactivity.
- Design and create engaging on-demand video and eLearning content.
- Analyze learning needs to design effective training content.
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to provide input for training content.
- Create and maintain course lab environments.
- Create content that supports the certification process.
- Provide solutions and innovation to training and enablement strategy and processes.
- Contribute to and use the knowledge management and learning management repositories.
- Collaborate within the customer success team to deliver on shared goals.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of technical curriculum development experience, including:
- Experience writing technical customer-facing learning content including hands-on labs
- Experience with MS Office suite, authoring tools, and LMS systems
- Broad knowledge and experience in web-based training development and technology
- Experience with Agile content development methodology is a plus
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space, including:
- Single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication, and contextual access management
- Federated authentication including SAML and Open ID Connect
- User lifecycle management, provisioning, user directories, and profile mastering
- Application access, authorization, integrations, and APIs
- Access management for B2E, B2B, and B2C use cases
- Access control to applications and services on-premises or in the cloud
- Identity providers and service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide range of audiences and build relationships across all lines of business
- Training delivery experience preferred
- Experience working with SaaS products such as Box, Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite etc. preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in taking on any challenge and changing directions if needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast moving environment individually and as a team
- Consistent track record of delivering quality projects on time
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.