The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for complementing Okta’s innovations, best practices and capabilities with our valued customers’ business objectives and priorities thereby driving higher business value and executive alignment between Okta and our customers. You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service and risk management. You will perform routine health checks and assist with business value assessment to ensure our customers, the most ROI from Okta. The success of this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Okta business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact post implementation. Assume overall customer adoption responsibility and escalation management role.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are leveraging the solution to achieve full business value.
- Partner with internal Okta stakeholders to align account activities with the customer's business case and strategy.
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilisation trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ business needs.
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks.
- Identify renewal risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure a successful renewal.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
- Work with the sales team to properly sell and positions Success Services.
- Answer technical questions from customers in the post implementation phase.
- Active discussion on day-to-day technical requirements/issues with the customer, and based on research of available information, propose a viable solution/capability to address the requirements/issues.
- Demonstrated customer success experience.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service.
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Experience of SaaS vendors such as Box, Google Apps, NetSuite, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple customer projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage customers from inception to successful deployments and handover to sales when the leads are qualified for upsell.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Education, Training and Certification
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.