Customer Success Technical Strategists is a newly established global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and best practices and continuously advance our technical skillset. We are Okta’s product experts, and we enable Okta's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing advice.
A CS Tech Strategist, Privileged Access Specialist will provide the highest level technical advisory service to our largest customers by providing strategic guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Okta. They are held in high regard as an expert and trusted advisor for how our solutions translate to business value. The PAM specialist will understand not only server access controls, but must understand how a privileged account may stratify platforms and applications, providing elevated access to a number of assets. The candidate must have a broad understanding of the cybersecurity and compliance ramifications of granting and managing the lifecycle of elevated roles and their privileges.
- Advise on best practices and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
- Be the customer’s advocate by knowing their goals and use cases then suggesting process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet their requirements
- Drive adoption for the product and proactively engage with largest accts to ensure success
- Deliver and lead live bi-annual roadmap sessions with customers >$1M ARR
- Deliver 1:many seminars for specific products and features
- Take and respond to reactive questions from CSE/Ms
- Be the primary Customer Success liaison with the Product team, providing input and receiving guidance
- Be the voice of the customer process owner
- Mentor and establish strong personal relationships with the customer’s champions
- 12+ years of total experience in information technology, with at least 5 years of that working in the PAM space
- You have been a senior UNIX or LInux Administrator as one of your past primary responsibilities
- Be proficient in one of the major scripting languages
- At least a working knowledge of Windows administration is a must-have
- Must have a working knowledge of Powershell
- SysOps experience working in at least one of the major cloud service provider environments, with an understanding of SysOps and/or DevOps in those environments
- Experience in infrastructure as code using Terraform or similar (ansible, chef, jenkins, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Okta Advanced Server Access (ASA) product is ideal, however complimentary PAM vendor experience will be considered
- Extensive knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards, as well as emerging industry practices
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- This position will be located remotely but must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.