Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
Okta Support Technical Trainer develops and delivers a comprehensive curriculum to ensure success in our support organization. Focus on technical, soft skills, support compliance, case management. You will develop content based on product direction and quality feedback. These will be delivered via multiple training channels. You are a passionate and solid instructor, inspired communicator, skilled in the delivery of quality training and curriculum projects, enterprise knowledge of support process and delivery. In addition, you will develop expertise in the Okta service and learn all relevant aspects of current and new functionality to ensure ongoing improvement of product knowledge and training / presentation skills. Quality on time deliverables and unwavering focus on customer success are of paramount importance to your success in this position. You demonstrate flexibility and a desire to participate in the growth and scale of a successful global training practice. Job level is in accordance with your experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop expertise on the job requirements of the support team based on quality data, current product tracks and new business technologies
- Build out comprehensive training modules based on employee lifecycle stages; content & delivery, assessment, follow up, planning and promotion
- Design hands-on lab use cases to provide simulated troubleshooting experience to Technical Support Engineers across Okta’s product stack
- Work hand in hand with the support quality team on coaching and employee development
- Ensure success of training delivery, interacting internally and with our various teams to confirm requirements and content is up to date, delivery logistics, knowledge transfer, and follow-up
- Maintain and incorporate up-to-date product knowledge with the Okta product roadmap and weekly release updates
- Collaborate with internal Okta teams (Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, Professional Services, and Support) to identify success standards and incorporate new Okta product features into the lifecycle training offerings for each unique audience
- Contribute subject matter expertise to the design and development of Okta technical courseware, learning paths, training assessments, and delivery options
- Develop training success metrics
- Develop and maintains process functionality between KCS and curriculum content
- Adhere to Okta methods, processes, procedures, and policies in the development and delivery of training services
- Scope, develop, and deliver custom trainings as needed
- Occasional on call activities
- Travel to deliver on-site training upon request (30%), international travel required
- 10+ years in the technology industry with 5+ Experience in coaching and delivery technical training to engineers in a Technical Support and Call Center teams in a global environment or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Technical Support organization experience, serving Enterprise customers in a technical learning capacity
- Required skills:
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Active Directory and LDAP experience
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday
- Design Training content and curriculum development
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Enterprise Quality standards and soft skills requirements
- Experience training outside vendors, BPOs and accounting for cultural requirements
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations using web-based training delivery technology to technical and non-technical audiences; competently uses appropriate classroom management and audience-engagement methods and techniques
- Knowledge of quality program and identifying proper channels for delivery based on effectiveness
- Demonstrates strong written communication skills for the purpose of curriculum development
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, transparent and team oriented in a fast growing environment
- Facilitates productive cross-team interaction and is effectively able to represent the vision and charter of Okta’s Customer First Organization
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.