Okta is looking for a Support Development Manager to help us assist customers in debugging and integrating Okta solutions into their infrastructure. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate hands-on manager who is ready to dig into details, if need be, and help enable for our customers the next generation secure cloud software for speed, scale and high availability.
You will share our passion and great pride in managing an engineering team that strongly believes in designing and troubleshooting to maintain scale and performance requirements, as well as manage a process to deliver the customer insights needed to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. You will partner with various the Engineering and Professional Services teams, Senior Engineering and Support Management, Architects and Technical Operations team. If you are someone with a passion for technology, a deep set desire to work problems out with innovative solutions, and a track record in leading engineering teams, assisting customer in building scalable infrastructures and platforms, enjoy closely collaborating with stakeholders in adjacent organizations, this is the place for you!
We expect great things from our support managers and reward them with stimulating new projects, and exposure to emerging technologies and the chance to have significant personal impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish clear priorities, expectations, and accountability for individuals and team
- Collaborate with both customer support and other Engineering and Professional Services teams, Senior Engineering and Support Management, Architects and Technical Operations teams to help identify issues, integrate and define and refine core product functionality
- Drive execution and expand the delivery of a development support to Okta customers around the globe.
- Provide regular feedback, technical guidance, and mentoring to team members
- Foster collaborative, engaging and inclusive team environments
- Maintain and improve our culture by sourcing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity & inclusion
- 8+ years of experience in developing and supporting the deployment of enterprise cloud software
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Experience working with support, product and program managers to align on objectives, priorities, trade-offs and risks for Okta’s customers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for technical discussions
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Lead, recruit, mentor and retain engineers
- Expertise in managing projects using Java, MySql, Elasticsearch, Redis or similar technologies
- Experience or knowledge of cloud computing services such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience managing a framework/platform team
- Coordinating and collaborating with different parties in developing a large scale project
- Enjoy communicating to all levels engineering management, customer support and technical operations.
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, identity and provisioning a plus.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in computer science or equivalent
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work