Job Purpose and Description:
"Love our Customers" is our #1 Value at Okta. The Okta Customer First Team lives and breathes this every day. A critical element of Okta’s strategy is helping our customers accelerate their time to value and expand their relationship with Okta. This is a key differentiator for Okta and we believe that all customers, large and small, deserve an exceptional experience and this assistance. When we do this well, our customers succeed and Okta succeeds by growing our renewal rates.
The Digital Growth Manager role is an exciting opportunity to help build and execute a digital growth and success strategy with the goal of providing an exceptional, multi-channel engagement experience that maximizes value for Digital customers post-sale. You will lead digital growth initiatives and programs that in many cases will be customers’ primary means of interaction with Okta. Your primary targets will not only include driving engagement, adoption as well as future growth of our Digital customer base. You’ll own and manage targets associated with consumption, renewal and churn metrics. You will be deep in the data, monitoring and optimizing your programs along the way.
You will partner with many cross-functional groups within Okta, including Product, Business Technology, Marketing, Customers Success, Renewals, Sales and outside vendors. Success in this role will require both a strong ability to understand the Digital customer segment, but also in-depth knowledge of Okta products, how they are adopted and leverage underlying data to inform new programs and opportunities. You’ll also influence how we engage our customers in a human, meaningful and value-driven manner. This is the chance to shape a highly visible area of the business that directly impacts our bottom line.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define customer lifecycle journeys and assets to facilitate program execution
- Define and execute customer lifecycle adoption and engagement programs in accordance to digital strategy and execution plan
- Leverage engagement capabilities to reach thousands of customers based on targeted, segmented approaches
- Monitor and report on metrics associated with program execution
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to expand and optimize programs
- Accountability for consumption, adoption and renewal and churn improvement goals
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
- Possess expertise in use of various content types and engagement methods, such as video, chat, social media, mobile, email to execute digital programs
- Demonstrate being data-driven: continuously test, measure, and improve programs and tactics
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Gainsight, Marketo, Optimizely, Pendo, Tableau, etc. to get the data and insights you need to successfully design, execute and monitor programs
- Ability to leverage an effective track record of success to positively influence program execution across teams
- Display effective leadership and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Prior experience as a customer lifecycle marketer, growth product manager/marketer, product marketing manager or digital customer success manager
- Experience in building successful multi-channel enterprise SaaS digital engagement and adoption programs is desired
- 6+ years of industry experience; 3+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a business, marketing or technical field preferred
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Adaptability, flexibility in the face of changing business requirements and conditions
- Knowledge in identity, security, access management, workflow and/or developer-facing products
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Meet the manager:
Tom Witczak is Director, Digital Growth at Okta: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomwitczak/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.