The Director of Customer Success will be responsible for hiring, developing, and leading a high performing team of 20+ Customer Success Managers and Technical Strategists in Asia Pacific. The team is responsible for driving desired customer outcomes and adoption of Okta’s products and services. This leads to healthy customers, high renewal rates, and growth of our business. Core KPIs for this role: license activation, renewal rates, and NPS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Invest in the Team: Recruit, hire and develop top talent in our core markets, including regional leadership in ANZ, Singapore, and Japan. Create a balanced culture of performance, recognition and engagement.
- Plan for Success: Develop and execute on a long-term, data-driven approach to driving customer success across Commercial and Enterprise sales segments, mindfully investing CSM focus on high impact customers and revenue while driving digital engagement in our scale business.
- Build strong Partnerships: Build effective and collaborative relationships with key business partners in Renewals, Sales, Professional Services, Customer Support, Recruiting and HR.
- Maximize CS Value in Sales: Partner closely with Sales to position core value propositions early in the sales cycle. Align APAC priorities with global Customer Success programs and initiatives.
- Be the Voice of our Customers: Proactive interest in increasing customer satisfaction and strengthening customer trust. Aid the CSM team in raising customer feedback and requirements through the appropriate Product and Engineering channels. Be a point of escalation; help with risk mitigation and setting the right expectations with key stakeholders.
- Scale with Intelligence: Identify opportunities to scale how we deliver value and ensure success through tooling, automation and programs.
- 5+ years managing teams with demonstrated impact. Preferably in Customer Success or related capacity.
- Leverages EQ to proactively lead with authenticity, empathy, and transparency.
- Passion for solving complex problems and advocating for success in a high growth environment. Integrate customer business strategy and build agility in success plans.
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of forms (presentation, written, conference calls, in-person.)
- Experience building key relationships with C-level executives.
- Adept at effective change management through transformational growth. Leverages best practices and aligns the right people, programs, resources and communication for ease of change.
- Forward thinking on how to effectively scale a Customer Success organisation for growth and value maximisation. Leverages data, tooling and automation to intelligently scale beyond people.
- BA/BS/MS in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, related field OR equivalent work experience .
- Preference for baseline understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) and the Security industry
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Experience in consulting and implementation of IT systems preferably cloud service and/or identity management
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.