The Okta Customer Support Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues, and exceeding the expectations of our customers of an Enterprise-Class IDaaS provider.
As the Director of Customer Support Delivery, you will be responsible for defining and successfully executing the overall Customer Support delivery strategy at Okta. You will lead day-to-day Customer Support Operations by overseeing multiple technical support delivery teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead multiple teams within Okta’s Customer Support organization to deliver a global enterprise-grade Customer Support Experience.
- Oversee the design and implementation of process and technology improvements to drive scalability and consistency in Okta’s Customer Support delivery methodology.
- Develop, implement and drive accountability of operational metrics and service level metrics
- Drive regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and tracking progress against organizational initiatives.
- Collaborate with leaders across Customer Success, Professional Services, Engineering, and Product Management to deliver Customer Support insights, and identify and action areas of operational improvement.
- Manage business critical escalation processes and resolution.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring of direct reports to help achieve career development aspirations.
- Plan staffing capacity requirements and foster a culture of growth and development to deliver against people goals, such as employee growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Represent Customer Support in the development and implementation of policies related to data privacy, security and compliance
- Collaborate with Customer Support Quality Assurance, Training, and Knowledge teams to team readiness for supporting new products and services.
- 10+ years of experience in technical support, customer success, or consulting delivery, with a minimum of 5+ years in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Hands on experience in building and scaling a global, enterprise support operation.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions, while also having strong operational excellence skills to be able to drive strong execution of the team’s vision and operational metrics.
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and be effective at collaborating with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to influence others, including those outside of immediate team, including external business leaders.
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong, data driven problem resolution and decision making skills.
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- A strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud (strongly preferred)
- Ability to travel internationally
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.