The Okta Customer Support Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues, and exceeding the expectations of our customers of an Enterprise-Class IDaaS provider.
As the Director of Customer Support Delivery, Emerging Products you will be responsible for leading day-to-day a global support team and managing key strategic initiatives of the team for the following areas: Okta Access Gateway, Advance Server Access, Devices, and Workflows
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Okta’s Customer Support organization to deliver a global enterprise-grade Customer Support Experience.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and Sales team to effectively manage critical escalations related to support issues.
- Drive regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and track progress on team performance in relation to meeting desired customer experience objectives.
- Collaborate with leaders across Customer First teams, Engineering, and Product Management to deliver Customer Support insights that improve the product experience, and ensure support teams are enabled for new product releases.
- Partner with Customer First teams to ensure that we are enabling customers through our online communities and online content which includes developer guides and knowledge.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring of direct reports to ensure that we are driving a culture of ownership in achieving business results for Okta and our customers.
- Plan staffing capacity requirements and foster a culture of growth and development to deliver against people goals, such as employee growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Partner with Vice President of Customer Support and customer support leadership to define and execute support strategy focused on improving the customer and employee experience for success.
- 10+ years of experience in technical support, customer success, or consulting delivery, with a minimum of 5+ years in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Experiene working in SaaS or a security vendor is a plus.
- Experiene working with large enterprise clients for services and support
- You have the ability to effectively manage and communicate with CIO and CISO levels in addressing critical issues
- You are a strategic thinker, with the ability to come up with out of the box solutions, while also having strong operational excellence skills to be able to drive strong execution of the team’s vision and operational metrics.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and are effective at collaborating with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to influence others, including those outside of immediate team, including external business leaders.
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- You have strong, data driven problem resolution and decision making skills.
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- A strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel internationally (when permit-table).
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.