Title of Job: Director, Mission Critical Support
Role Location: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA) / Remote eligible
Reports to: Sr Director, Customer Support
Position Description: As a Director, Mission Critical Support, you are in a leadership position within the Customer Support Larger Enterprise support organization and will be leading a team to drive premium support experience to top accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure that our Customers are being delivered top class support while extracting the most value out of their Okta investment. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a proven track record of leading mission critical support teams, support delivery or technical account managers in a fast-pace and growth startup / enterprise software company, preferably in the security space. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach, is a must in this role. The leader in this role will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives - from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and implementing industry best practices, tools, systems and strategies to build a world class customer experience and provide exceptional support ROI metrics on the support investments by the critical accounts.
- Conducts market research and competitive analysis to define/refine support mission critical support service offering for our customers.
- Design proactive support methodology and governance methodology to delivery a personalized, high-touch support to mission critical customers. Design deliverables and a framework including support plan, health checks, problem resolution, communication and reporting cadence with the customers.
- DevelopEvaluate measurement criteria to evaluate trends in organizational performance, including: customer Satisfaction, operating efficiency, and other support value measures to the top accounts .
- Direct management responsibilities for all designated team members, team objectives, morale and culture.
- Motivate and engage the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences and value propositions.
- Responsible for setting quarterly team and individual goals
- Provide informal coaching and ongoing performance feedback, as well as formal performance appraisals.
- Attract, hire and retain top talent for each functional role.
- Advocate for your team to drive global visibility and collaborate across boundaries on process improvements, customer concerns, and local business objectives.
- Direct engagement in supporting key accounts and critical issue management as needed
- Own one or more global programs for the Support leadership team
- Build and maintain cross functional team alignment with product, sales, professional services, customer Support and Success Management
- Focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A total of 15+ years of industry experience with strong exposure to Customer Support in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- 5 years of people management experience in a fast-paced, enterprise level, critical software support, professional services or account management environment
- Program/Project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment – managing initiatives from start to finish.
- Core skills/proficiencies include Leadership, Customer Relations, Performance Management, Process Management, Data Analysis, Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Critical Thinking, Business Insight, and Technical Curiosity
- The desire and ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the trenches on a regular, ongoing basis;
- Experience in defining support processes in a SAAS company like SFDC, ServiceNow, Twilio, Netsuite, Workday, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize, run, multi-task and execute projects multi-functionally
- Outstanding communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) to interact with all levels of professional staff.
- Ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Expertise with software development lifecycles, including Agile / Scrum
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree; Master's/MBA degree highly strongly preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located.We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.