Position Description: The Director of Commercial Sales - Renewals is a strategic position responsible for developing and implementing a renewal sales strategy and driving renewal rate results. The Director will lead a global team of over 15 professionals responsible for Okta’s renewals business across the Commercial segment representing over $150M in sales. You will develop and lead a team of quota-carrying Commercial Renewal Managers covering all products sold globally. Each Renewal Manager is responsible for driving renewal rate results that meet and exceed quarterly and annual goals.
The ideal Sales Leader for this position will have the ability to collaboratively develop a sales strategy, develop and drive an Commercial renewal sales process, implement key growth initiatives, and increase the productivity and skills of the sales team. Key areas of focus will include: sales skill development, process design and execution, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution and building a highly empowered, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Commercial Renewal Managers in achieving individual and team quota.
- Collaboratively build and implement a sales strategy and tactical plan along with cross functional partners, including: Sales, Services, Support, Legal, Product Management, Operations, and Partners.
- Create and implement a scalable sales process that includes and efficiently leverages Okta Renewal Sales professionals, third party outsourced call center professionals, and digital/on-line customer engagement.
- Support team by participating and leading in customer meetings or engaging other resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring, retaining, developing, and mentoring team members.
- Lead and conduct weekly forecast meetings.
- You will be reporting on sales results, sales activities, and forecasts to senior management weekly, quarterly, and annually.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key customers
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-ones and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing Commercial sales team within a software sales environment
- Experience hiring, developing, and managing high performing individual contributors as well as first level managers.
- Expertise at developing, implementing, and improving a high impact renewal sales process
- Successful track record in a medium and small size, high scale, customer fast paced sales environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
#LI-SS1Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.