Job Purpose and Description:
Love our Customers is our #1 Value at Okta. The Okta Customer First Team lives and breathes this every day. A critical element of Okta’s strategy, is helping our strategic customers accelerate their time to value and expand their relationship with Okta. This is a key differentiator for Okta and we believe that these customers deserve an unique and exceptional experience. When we do this well, our customers succeed and Okta succeeds by increasing our renewal and growth rates.
As the Director of Customer Success, you will create and implement a customer success strategy that drives faster time to value resulting in higher renewal and growth rates for our largest and most strategic customers in the Central Region. You will lead a team responsible for defining, building, and executing a strategy to engage with these target customers across their post sales lifecycle. The world class customer experience will be delivered through a team of over 20 highly skilled Customer Success Managers.
This is a highly visible and strategic role. You and your team will drive customer success as well as resulting renewals and growth with over 100 strategic customers representing over $50M of ARR. Growing this customer base, of the world’s largest organizations, is one of Okta’s key corporate priorities. You and your team will work closely with Okta’s: Customers, Partners, and key internal organizations. Success will require collaborating with other Okta internal teams including: Marketing, Operations, Partners, Vendors, Renewal Sales, Product and Engineering. As such, you will need to be an adept communicator, equally comfortable having strategic conversations as well as tactical program level discussions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the strategy and detailed execution plan for Okta’s Central Region Customer Success team driving faster customer time to value, renewal rates, and growth.
- Drive renewal rates above 90% and software adoption rates above 80%.
- Develop detailed customer lifecycle process flows for each customer and for key products.
- Build engagement capabilities that allow Okta to effectively reach and improve strategic relationships with each of these customers based on deep analytics and personalization.
- Personally lead the team and as needed, build high impact relationships with key customers.
- Build and lead a high impact team that operates with urgency and drives measurable results.
- Continuously test, measure, and improve the process and tactics.
- Accountability for adoption and renewal rate improvement goals for assigned customer segments.
Minimum Required Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates high impact leadership skills, including: setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating others, driving urgency and results, and exhibiting humility.
- Ability to: deal with ambiguity, utilize robust problem-solving skills, demonstrate situational agility, manage parallel efforts, and communicate effectively through multiple channels (email, phone, text, chat)
- Demonstrates exceptional business acumen and world-class presentation and customer interaction skills
- Possess deep go-to-market knowledge and well-developed process management skills.
- Possess expertise in the following domains: process design, digital tools, software and SaaS. Experience with Salesforce.com, Gainsight, and other customer CRM and engagement tools is a strong plus.
- Ability to base decisions on deep data analytics and statistical analyses.
- Ability to persuade, influence, and motivate people; build a culture of doing the right thing for customers.
- Previous management role at a high growth software SaaS organization.
- 7-12+ years combined experience in the following functions: strategic sales, customer success, renewal sales, or consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to influence others, internally and externally
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Ability to identify thematic issues and drive to outcomes
- Strong data-driven decision-making skills
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.