Position Description: The Director of Enterprise Sales - Renewals is a strategic position responsible for developing and implementing a renewal sales strategy and driving renewal rate results. The Director will lead a team responsible for all of Okta’s renewals business across the Americas. You will develop and lead a team of quota-carrying Enterprise Renewal Managers covering all Enterprise customers and products sold in the Americas. Each Renewal Manager is responsible for driving renewal rate results that meet and exceed quarterly goals.
The ideal Sales Leader for this position will have the ability to collaboratively develop a sales strategy, implement key growth initiatives, and increase the productivity of the sales team. Key areas of focus will include: sales skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution and building a highly empowered, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Enterprise Renewal Managers in achieving individual and team quota
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in customer meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- You will be reporting on sales results, sales activities, and forecasts to senior management
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key customers
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-ones and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, and renewals business partners
- Demonstrated success in leading a high-performing enterprise sales team within a software sales environment
- Experience hiring, developing, and managing high performing individual contributors
- Expertise at developing, implementing, and improving a high impact renewal sales process
- Successful track record in a large customer fast paced sales environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Ability to work in a fast-growing, exciting environment
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work