As a Director of Programs and Change Enablement, you will lead a team of program managers and change managers, and will lead a portfolio of initiatives and programs that drive large scale transformation across Customer Support organizations. In this role, you are in a leadership position within the Customer Support Delivery Excellence organization - to partner with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support & Customer Success teams to build and deliver key on Support Initiatives. The Director, Programs & Change Enablement is the point person for leading strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a must in this role. The individual in this role will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives - from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs. The ideal candidate will have strong Customer Support experience in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and leading the program management office within the CS Delivery Excellence organization.
- Leading Customer Communication programs which includes planning and execution of technical communication campaigns with Okta Customers.
- Become a trusted change management advisor to Global Customer Support and become intimately familiar with the challenges facing the organization as it relates to change rollout. Apply change management techniques as needed. Identify and act on coaching, training or facilitation opportunities
- Instantiating a light-weight and adaptable program management methodology.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Provide Business leadership on key projects and manage various initiatives within and beyond Support, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A total of 15+ years of industry experience with strong exposure to Customer Support in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- 10+ years’ leading program management teams and large scale projects in a distributed organization
- Minimum 7 years hands-on Program/Project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment – managing initiatives from start to finish.
- Solid understanding of Customer Support including processes like Case Handling, Case Reviews, Follow-the-sun, escalation processes, 3rd party support processes, CSAT/DSAT Reviews, Global queue management, escalations, language support, plus more.
- Experience in defining support processes in a SAAS company like SFDC, ServiceNow, Twillio, Netsuite, Workday, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's/MBA degree preferred but not required
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.