The Director, Services Sales is a leadership role responsible for overseeing the Engagement managers who scope and sell Okta Professional Services (PS) within our Strategic Account segment. We are looking for an experienced services sales leader who will excel in positioning the value of Okta PS assisting in customer’s meeting their business needs with C-level personnel and negotiating SOW terms and fees. You are accountable for meeting Professional Services booking and billings quota and are an active sponsor during delivery.
You will partner with the license sales team and lead with scoping, selling, and positioning of Okta Services with the goal of delighting our customers by accelerating their time to value. As an active sponsor during delivery, you will provide leadership and lead executive customer relationship development and are, responsible for ensuring a smooth transition to the Delivery team. You also own developing other key Okta executive stakeholder relationships such as collaborating with the Okta Customer Success ecosystem to ensure deployment meets what was sold.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own Services and Training bookings and billings quota in assigned territory
- Plan and lead teams of resources involved in scoping professional services for our most complex solutions and the largest customers.
- Ensure your team leads with a proper Plan and lead Training positioning of all service products and completes discovery with prospective customers, make implementation, adoption, and training recommendations=. Ensure appropriate training is included in proposals and quotes.
- Articulate and sell the value of Okta Services within prospective and existing accounts enterprise customers alongside your engagement managers, as needed
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, and Architects to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Translate high-level product proposals into an implementable technical solution
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure customer success
- Be recognized by the customer as a trusted advisor in product deployment and process decisions.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, and collateral
- Manage a team of Services Engagement Managers
- Support sales teams to provide implementation proposals and establish confidence with prospects in our ability to deliver
- Set client and internal stakeholder expectations correctly
- Technical understanding of Okta products to assist scoping conversations with customers and sales
- Experienced sales leader within a SAAS product or service company accustomed to leading sales teams in the pursuit of multi-million dollar service engagements through solution selling methods
- 8+ years experience leading teams (supervisory responsibilities)
- 10+ years experience of selling Professional Services and/or Technology Solutions.
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- 3+years experience with Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a functional level
You exhibit confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems. In addition, we want someone who displays certainty in driving requirements, estimating, scoping, and selling proposals. You can identify critical issues with ease, while pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Drives customer interactions and provides mentorship and structure to SOW proposal development and PS sales cycles
- Communicates with internal and external customers and management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates and leads effective team interaction
#LI-SS1Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.