Job Purpose and Description:
Love our Customers is our #1 Value at Okta. The Okta Customer First Team lives and breathes this every day. A critical element of Okta’s strategy is helping our strategic customers accelerate their time to value and expand their relationship with Okta. This is a key differentiator for Okta and we believe that these customers deserve an unique and exceptional experience. When we do this well, our customers succeed and Okta succeeds by increasing our renewal and growth rates.
As the Director of Strategic West, Customer Success, you will lead a team of highly skilled Customer Success Executives and implement a repeatable methodology across our strategic customer base to drive consistency in execution. You will contribute to a customer success strategy that drives faster time to value resulting in higher renewal and growth rates for our largest and most strategic customers in the West Region. You will lead a team responsible for defining, building, and executing a strategy to engage with these target customers across their post sales lifecycle. The world class customer experience will be delivered through a team of 10 highly skilled Customer Success Executive.
This is a highly visible and strategic role. You and your team will drive customer success as well as resulting renewals and growth with over 100 strategic customers representing over $100M of ARR. Growing this customer base, of the world’s largest organizations, is one of Okta’s key corporate priorities. You and your team will work closely with Okta’s: Customers, Partners, and key internal organizations. Success will require collaborating with other Okta internal teams including: Marketing, Operations, Partners, Vendors, Renewal Sales, Product and Engineering. As such, you will need to be an adept communicator, equally comfortable having strategic conversations as well as tactical program level discussions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the strategy and detailed execution plan for Okta’s West Region Customer Success team driving faster customer time to value, renewal rates, and growth.
- Drive renewal rates above 90% and software adoption rates above 80%.
- Develop detailed customer lifecycle process flows for each customer and for key products.
- Build engagement capabilities that allow Okta to effectively reach and improve strategic relationships with each of these customers based on deep analytics and personalization.
- Personally lead the team and as needed, build high impact relationships with key customers.
- Build and lead a high impact team that operates with urgency and drives measurable results.
- Continuously test, measure, and improve the process and tactics.
- Accountability for adoption and renewal rate improvement goals for assigned customer segments.
Minimum Required Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates high impact leadership skills, including: setting a clear vision and strategy, motivating others, driving urgency and results, and exhibiting humility.
- Ability to: deal with ambiguity, utilize robust problem-solving skills, demonstrate situational agility, manage parallel efforts, and communicate effectively through multiple channels (email, phone, text, chat)
- Demonstrates exceptional business acumen and world-class presentation and customer interaction skills
- Possess deep go-to-market knowledge and well-developed process management skills.
- Possess expertise in the following domains: process design, digital tools, software and SaaS. Experience with Salesforce.com, Gainsight, and other customer CRM and engagement tools is a strong plus.
- Ability to base decisions on deep data analytics and statistical analyses.
- Ability to persuade, influence, and motivate people; build a culture of doing the right thing for customers.
- Previous talent management role (managing appx 10-20 ICs) at a high growth software SaaS organization.
- 7-12+ years combined experience in the following functions: strategic sales, customer success, renewal sales, or consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to influence others, internally and externally
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Ability to identify thematic issues and drive to outcomes
- Strong data-driven decision-making skills
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Familiarity with the security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.