As a Director of Technology Innovation at Okta, you will work in a high-performance team environment delivering best in class solutions for our largest customers through the management, support and mentorship of our Technical Architects and Technical Consultants. Your leadership will guide the team towards an efficient technical practice as they support customers in their adoption and success with Okta products.
In this role you can expect to...
- Play a key role in helping identity and execute strategic transformative initiatives for improving both customer experiences and operational best practices.
- Work with Sr. Managers within PS to build a robust and consistent methodology for the delivery of prescriptive technical guidance to help our customers adopt Okta.
- Assist with defining key business metrics to drive the practice
- Build manager and executive dashboards for report out and monitoring
- Report progress against objectives to senior management, and to the organization on a consistent cycle
- Be a change agent. Identify, define, implement and and drive innovation changes within the Technical Practice as part of continuous improvement.
- Support recruitment efforts to grow the Professional Service Technical practices teams
- Partner with the Delivery Experience team to build a world class onboarding program.
- Champion an environment for ongoing innovation, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Strategically collaborate and support cross-functional teams to identify key new problem spaces and opportunities
- Support the pre-sales team for the pursuit of strategic and high profile opportunities.
- Assist with the buildout and delivery of industry sales plays and other go to market opportunities.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 10+ years of experience as an architect or in a similar technical role
- 3-5+ years of leadership or managerial experience in leading teams to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Leadership or managerial experience in major transformation efforts involving significant process, organizational and technology change
- Proficiency and experience with concepts and technologies used in software development, cloud, operations, and security
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment that focuses on providing outstanding customer service
- Comfort working remotely and perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy
- Experience in identity and access management preferred.
Education and Certification requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
- Okta Certified Technical Architect or a combination of Okta Certified Consultant and Okta Certified Developer will be a plus.
- TOGAF and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $222,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.