For the high-energy sales professional, the Education Account Executive offers a fantastic opportunity to drive demand for Education Services products. We know that trained and certified customers are more confident and successful with Okta solutions which is why we “Lead with Learning” in our customer journey lifecycle. Your ability to work strategically with a variety of cross-functional teams in a business development and sales capacity will allow you to thrive in our dynamic, high-activity environment. This role will specifically focus on Commercial customers with the possibility for advancement to large accounts as the company grows.
Our Education Account Executives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile and able to engage with customers across a wide swath of industries and segments. In this highly prized role, your excellent virtual meeting, phone, and email skills combined with the ability to assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You directly manage your own opportunities in our CRM system from beginning to close and sponsor the attach of education to deals managed by other Okta teams. You promote the value of Okta training and certification programs to teams in your territory and keep stakeholders informed as offerings evolve. You stay abreast of Okta product technology and our course catalog in order to engage in discovery conversations and position targeted learning paths.
We're looking for independent-minded professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct internal and external education services evangelism activity.
- Own and forecast the sales process from prospecting to close for Education opportunities.
- Drive increases in education bookings and attachment rates in product and services sales opportunities through relationships with Sales, Channel, Services, Renewals, and Customer Success management teams.
- Work with the ecosystem to design and implement learning plans and act as a sales overlay promoting the attach of education to partner driven deals.
- Partner with the extended Customer Success team and Regional Account Executives to grow Education sales in accounts.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and tailor appropriate learning plan recommendations.
- Present and articulate the Education Services value pitch, strategy, and benefits.
- Exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Utilize channel partners to successfully scale the business.
- Grow market share and revenue with sales of Okta’s suite of education products.
- Prospecting high value accounts to generate new business.
- Lead and manage effective customer conversations that create engagement and earn trust
- Clear concise communication skills. Written, verbal, and presentation.
- Consistent track record of successful direct sales career of education or services.
- Self-motivated, professional, self-starter that thrives in a sales role
- Broad knowledge of the education sales space or the Identity space preferred.
- Strong influential, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment.
- Positive, upbeat personality, with natural ease in establishing rapport with all team members.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency in Salesforce CRM
- High emotional intelligence and integrity
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- 2-3+ years of related work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.