Services Engagement Manager
Okta is an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in different countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our SaaS product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great. And guess what? You could join us because…
The Professional Services team is growing!
The Services Engagement Manager is a Services Sales role responsible for scoping and selling Okta Professional Services (PS), and Professional Services business development. We are looking for an experienced services sales person who has the capability to perform technical scoping of engagements, and excels in positioning the value of Okta PS assisting in customer’s meeting their business needs with C-level personnel and negotiating SOW terms and fees. You are accountable for meeting Professional Services booking quota and is an active participant during delivery.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
As an Okta Engagement Manager you will:
- Articulate and sell the value of Okta Services within prospective and existing accounts enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, and Architects to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Own Services and Training bookings quota in assigned territory
- Translate high-level product proposals into an implementable technical solution
- Execute Professional Services technical scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans
- Plan and lead teams of resources involved in scoping professional services for our most complex solutions and the largest customers.
- Plan and lead Training positioning and discovery with prospective customers, make training recommendations, and ensure appropriate training is included in proposals and quotes.
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure customer success
- Being recognized by customer as a trusted advisor in product deployment and process decisions.
- Perform in a billable capacity as an active project participants during implementation to continue customer sponsor and executive relationship, and assist with critical issues and expectation coordination.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, and collateral
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Experience of selling Professional Services and/or Technology Solutions.
- Demonstrated experience of meeting and exceeded services bookings targets in a services organization.
- You have built and maintained positive relationships with key partners throughout a delivery process.
- Presentation skills: you can show the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Experience with SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, and delivering to the customer SOW’s that meet customers documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID, Active Directory, LDAP)
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Fluent English
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a technical consultant level
You might also have:
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience with Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service
- A Bachelor's degree in or related discipline or relevant technical experience
OKta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.