We're an identity company. Identity matters because we’re all unique. We were raised in countries, cities, and towns. We have unique backgrounds. We’ve faced specific challenges. And we've learned a lot along the way. At Okta we believe those experiences equip us to look at the world with our own perspective. Our product protects your right to be you, and we want every single one of our employees to feel a sense of belonging, acceptance, and comfort to express their ideas, because ultimately our differences are what makes us great.
The Renewals Team at Okta is growing!
The Enterprise Renewals Manager will work closely with internal resources to develop strategies to attain successful customer renewals and maximize customer usage. They will be responsible for achieving goals for renewal rate, growth, and term length. They will work directly with the clients on some accounts, and in partnership with both our Sales and Customer Success teams on other accounts. The key to success in this role is the ability to be incredibly strategic with the Sales and Customer Success teams to help in identifying challenges in successful renewals.
As an Okta Enterprise Renewals manager you will:
- Manage all aspects of the subscription renewal process for a defined set of customers to ensure continuous access to Okta products and services, drive long-term agreements, and maintain and grow Okta revenue.
- Lead pricing strategy and negotiations for 40-50 renewals and $2M+ in ARR each quarter
- Convey the value proposition for Okta product subscriptions, technical support, and other services
- Collaborate with the assigned Customer Success Manager and Account Executive to develop and execute renewals strategy, improve product adoption, and address churn risk in the business
- Provide timely proposals and quotes in line with terms of customer and/or partner agreements
- Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts meet customer and Okta needs
- Track and maintain customer data and renewal information in Okta systems, including Salesforce and Gainsight
- Accurately forecast renewal pricing, timing, and risks
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
You would be Ideal for this role if you have:
- Experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
- Comfort negotiating complex, $500K+ enterprise license agreements
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred (not required)
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
- Proven influencer and negotiator
You may also have:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent business experience
Okta is a progressive company that values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing and making a positive impact in our local communities. As an Okta Intern we offer a competitive salary, paid lunches and great benefits.
Apply now to continue the conversation and speak with one of our recruiters…
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.