Love our customers is Okta’s #1 company value. The Okta Customer First team delivers on this brand promise to our customers and is dedicated to ensuring their success. Customer First is a global team of experts focused on the post-sale experience for Okta customers, including Education Services, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Customer Support.
Okta is seeking a skilled, driven executive communications leader to be a strategic partner to our Chief Customer Officer, who leads the Customer First organization. This is a high profile role that will partner directly with the Chief Customer Officer and the Customer First Senior leadership team to deliver impactful internal and external communications. This role will be responsible for providing thought leadership on communication strategy and creating engaging content which aligns and inspires various audiences around our values, vision, and key priorities. Additionally, this position will assist the extended Customer First leadership team to develop succinct and compelling written and verbal narratives for internal audiences.
The ideal individual for this role possesses excellent writing skills, has experience leading communications for a CCO or similar executive, is a self starter, has the ability to forge strong relationships with executives, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and has the capacity to manage multiple priorities at one time. The Executive Communications Manager will report into the Director of Customer First Solution Marketing and work closely with the entire Customer First leadership team.
You must be a creative problem solver and structured thinker who is excited to dig into complex concepts on diverse subject matter, integrate data from multiple sources, and distill into effective communications. You’ll work with team leaders on messaging strategy and execution for essential field-facing programs such as all-hands meetings, operations reviews, emails, Slack posts, and blog posts.
In this role, you’ll act as strategic counsel to and the spokesperson for our Chief Customer Officer and will ensure stakeholders around the world know, love and believe in the Okta Customer First story.
- 7-10 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience writing for and working directly with C-level executives; ability to engage, influence, and coach senior executives with a strong presence and presentation skills.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- An innate drive to partner and collaborate across the organization.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of communications for Okta’s Chief Customer Officer.
- Provide strategic input on messaging and positioning to ensure narratives are engaging and aligned with our desired tone and values.
- Become an Okta Customer First messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives.
- Create and manage essential field-facing programs, such as organization all hands, town hall meetings, team roundtables, organizational change communications, and top talent initiatives.
- Support our Chief Customer Officer’s email communications, and develop compelling content that resonates with key audiences. Write memorable, engaging communications across other internal channels to drive awareness of key initiatives.
- Create and manage messaging for internal speaking opportunities.
- Partner closely with key partners across the organization, including Customer First leadership
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Okta’s executive communications program.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.