The Global Customer Success Director will be responsible for functional leadership of the global CS team in various regions around the world who drive positive business outcomes and value for our largest global customers, accomplishing customers’ business objectives, thereby driving business value, operational excellence and executive alignment between Okta and our customers. You will lead internal and cross-functional engineering / product / marketing insight programs to identify our global customers' complexity, regulatory and scale requirements. In addition, you are responsible for driving certain strategic initiatives of Okta Customer Success, owning both the resources as well as the program direction and objectives. The success of this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Okta business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building a Global CS practice for Okta, including methodology, playbooks, industry benchmarking, and best practices.
- Managing a team of resources effectively and ensuring alignment and deliverables to drive effective business outcomes from a unified global perspective
- Straight line management of emerging program CSMs and dotted line management of global CS resources driving the newly formed Global program
- Coordinating with various regional sales and CS directors to ensure your programs are both thriving and effective
- Partnering with customers to define desired business outcomes, focusing on maximizing value realization across the Okta platform
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with customers and executive sponsors to drive product adoption and ensure they are using the solution to achieve full business value.
- Partnering with internal Okta team members to align account activities with the customer's business case and strategy. Working with the sales team to properly sell and position Success Services.
- Monitoring and identifying adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers’ needs.
- 10+ years of customer success experience in enterprise software or SaaS organization. 5+ years of experience leading people and programs.
- Experience leading post-sales engagement for customers with global footprint and needs, and complex cross-regional account teams.
- Proven track record of driving issues to resolution and advocating on behalf of a customer.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Excellent communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk, Service Excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree Required or Equivalent Experience.
- Available to travel up to 35%
#LI-SS1Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.