Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at a large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit https://www.okta.com.
Okta’s Knowledge Management (KM) team is seeking a Knowledge Management Domain Engineer to build and own high-quality product domain support content within the Global Support Excellence organization. This role will be key in the implementation of a KM framework that will empower both employees and customers. The KM team handles internal and external content including Okta help, knowledge bases, known errors, and more. This content is essential in enabling people to do their jobs without needing to contact support, and in enabling support, sales engineers, customers, and partners to efficiently discover information.
As Knowledge Domain Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate within the KM team and cross functionally and analyze data to create and improve knowledge articles, and monitor the overall health of product support knowledge within the Customer Support organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall health of assigned product domain knowledge
- Create and publish knowledge articles to assist support engineers in resolving cases and to drive self service to customers
- Curation of support content including how to’s, FAQs and troubleshooting articles in adherence with the content management lifecycle
- Continuous improvement of content by conducting periodic audits and implementing action plans to ensure high-quality content for product domain
- Consulting with SMEs to verify and publish content for both internal and external use
- Adherence to content standards to ensure articles are easy to find and consume
- Utilize reporting and analytics to identify gaps in content and identify areas of improvement
- Identify and share success stories in the utilization of support content
- Collaborate cross functionally to improve content health, identify gaps, improve consumability and findability of content
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in customer focused support role in a SaaS environment
- 1+ years experience writing support documentation
- Ability to translate highly technical information into written form that is understandable to customers
- Detail oriented and focused on quality of content
- Experience using data and analytics to drive decisions and formulate action plans
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Familiarity with Okta products or experience in the Identify Access Management and Security industry
- Must have experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access controls (e.g. SAML 2.0, WS-Federations, OAuth, Open ID connect), directory integrations, SSO, multifactor authentication and API services, Active Directory and LDAP experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
- Okta Certifications (OCP, OCA, OCC, OCD) a big plus
- Knowledge Management experience a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Wage Addendum
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.