The Lab Environment Manager works independently to build, manage, and maintain on-demand technical lab environments used by the Customer First teams that train, support, and implement Okta solutions. Okta seamlessly connects people to the cloud & on premise technologies that they rely on every day, on any device. Okta training labs currently serve 5000+ students per year and our vision is to use scripting to fully automate the setup and refresh of all applications and systems so that labs are truly available ‘on-demand’. In addition to supporting Okta training classes, Okta Labs will be marketed and sold as a stand-alone enablement resource and will be used to facilitate performance-based certification exam testing. Integration of Okta Labs with our Learning Management System is also central to our strategy.
The role will maintain a repository of self-contained, virtual environments to accelerate a range of integration use cases with directories like LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory, with leading business applications like Salesforce, G-Suite and Office 365, and with collaboration solutions like Box and SharePoint. Labs may include the use of virtual multi-server/workstation configurations and mobile iOS and Android devices.
The Lab Environment Manager makes effective use of virtualization technologies and will be skilled at executing on technically designed solutions with minimal supervision as well as providing program governance and leadership. Managing outside vendor relationships and the budgeting process are required. The successful candidate will partner well with internal teams, especially key curriculum development and instructor team stakeholders who rely on scalable lab design and operations to do their job.
This is a highly technical role suited for a self-starter who has the development/coding chops to build cool things and the leadership skills to manage an emerging line of business. Prior experience managing cloud-based education services lab environments is highly desirable, although not required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, test, deploy, and maintain a repository of on-demand training and test environments to support a diverse set of Customer First program requirements
- Automate the provisioning and de-provisioning of lab assets for training classes, certification exams, and on-demand lab requests.
- Integrate Okta Labs with the Learning Management System to automate lab requests
- Maintain an application/ environment inventory library that fulfills curriculum development
- Manage lab environment resource requests
- Develop data load and refresh scripts and integrations to improve the efficiency of lab operations
- Partner with Engineering on Okta tenant provisioning and end-of-life processes and enhancements
- Create images and best practices for multi-server/workstation configurations hosted both locally on user laptops and on cloud hosted platforms such as ReadyTech, Skytap, or AWS
- Maintain 3rdparty test integrations
- Partner with Okta IT, Security, and Business Development teams to procure and manage 3rd party software budgets, contracts, purchase orders, and invoices
- Track usage and expense allocations by department; develop fiscally prudent recommendations to decrease costs
- Facilitate stakeholder steering committee meetings and independently project manage work streams to successfully deliver upon program goals
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or comparable experience
- 4+ years of experience in Training System Administration or Quality Assurance Test Engineering role with an emphasis on creating and maintaining test or training environments
- Expertise in implementing both local and cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) based test environments.
- Expertise in configuration and administration of core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and IIS is desirable
- Experience with extended Microsoft product stack (SharePoint, Exchange, CRM/Dynamics)
- Expertise in configuration and administration of LDAP directory services
- Familiarity with leading cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, NetSuite, Box, is desirable
- Experience with Identity Access Management solutions (Okta, OneLogin, PingIdentity is desirable)
- Experience with Single Sign-On standards (SAML, & WS Federation, OIDC and OAuth)
- Experience with REST APIs and scripted integrations (Ruby, Python)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize work from multiple inbound channels and work in an entrepreneurial way to advance the fluid needs of the teams that use Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Technical Expertise
- Application Development & Systems Integration
- Program Mangement
- Fiscally responsible budget management
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work