Position Description: The Manager, Enterprise Renewals is a strategic position within Okta’s Renewals Team, responsible for driving Renewal Rate results and successfully implementing our renewal sales strategy. You will develop and lead a team of quote-carrying Renewals Managers responsible for retaining Okta’s Enterprise customer, our largest customer segment. It will be your responsibility to help the team achieve their individual goals and to drive us to our team goals for renewal rate, growth, and term length. You will act as a coach and mentor to the Enterprise Renewals Managers, assisting with complex renewals and critical situations. You will also drive effective collaboration and communication with cross-functional teams to drive a seamless customer experience.
The ideal Sales Leader for this position will have the ability to collaboratively implement our sales strategies, execute on key growth initiatives, and increase the productivity of the sales team. Key areas of focus will include: sales skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution and building a highly empowered, constructive sales culture.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Enterprise Renewal Managers in achieving individual and team quota
- Collaborate with the rest of the Renewals Leadership Team to develop and execute renewals strategy and Customer Success Programs
- Support direct reports by participating and leading in customer meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Lead and/or assist with pricing strategy, executive engagement, and negotiations for key Enterprise Renewals
- Convey the value proposition for Okta product subscriptions, technical support, and other services
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-ones and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Drive maintenance of accurate and timely customer data and renewal information in Okta systems
- Accurately forecast renewal pricing, timing, and risks
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, and renewals business partners
- Work on assigned projects and take initiative to improve the way our team operates
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in leading a high-performing enterprise sales team to achieve their sales targets within a software sales environment
- 5-7 years of experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
- Comfort negotiating complex, $250K+ enterprise license agreements
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Expertise at implementing and improving a high impact renewal sales process
- Experience hiring, developing, and managing high performing individual contributors
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout
- Experience recording information in Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred (not required)
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.