The Mission Critical Developer Support Engineer (MCDSE) is an articulate and seasoned technical expert with strong working knowledge of the Okta product. In this role you will be adept at both building relationships and resolving issues. You will be the primary technical point of contact for a small number of Okta’s largest, most strategic customers and will learn their technical architectures and be ready to troubleshoot their issues. You will own or orchestrate resolution of cases, help build strong partnerships, and provide an unparalleled support experience for assigned customers.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Primary technical point of contact for designated Premier Plus customers.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help designated customers integrate and maintain their Okta deployment.
- Take end-to-end ownership of assigned customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness and overall customer experience.
- Work in close collaboration with Customer Success Managers to receive, manage and expeditiously resolve escalations from assigned customers.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Know the technical architecture and specifics of assigned customers’ Okta setup, and be ready to troubleshoot issues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technical contacts at assigned customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Assess the risk of product releases, and impending and important dates throughout the year, and act to mitigate any identified issues.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Customer Support, technical support or solutions engineering, preferably customer facing roles.
- Expertise supporting both classic and modern web stacks (e.g., JSP, Rails, Django/Flask, Node.js. ASP.NET.)
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- Ability to review code/scripts to build user scenarios using Okta API and SDKs, to reproduce issues.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person).
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with support and/or administration of Microsoft server-side stack including (Active Directory, Load Balancers, IIS, Group policies).
- Experience working on cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps Suite, Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Box.
- Experience with addressing customer escalations and relaying concise and audience-digestible updates to stakeholders.
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management.
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.