Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
The Mission Critical Technical Support Engineer (MCTSE) is an articulate and seasoned technical guru with strong working knowledge of the Okta product. In this role you will adept and both building relationships and resolving issues. You will be the primary technical point of contact for a small number of Okta’s largest, most strategic customers and will learn their technical architectures and be ready to troubleshoot their issues, with little or no background required. You will own or orchestrate resolution of cases, help build strong partnerships, and provide an unparalleled support experience for assigned customers.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Primary technical point of contact for designated Premier Plus customers.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to designated customers to help them integrate and maintain their Okta deployment.
- Take end-to-end ownership of assigned customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Work in close collaboration with Customer Success Managers to receive, manage and expeditiously resolve escalations from assigned customers.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Know the technical architecture and specifics of the assigned customers’ Okta setup, and be ready to troubleshoot issues with little or no background required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technical contacts at assigned customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organizations so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Assess to risk of product releases, and impending and important date throughout the year, and act to mitigate any identified issues.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 7+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration or a related technical customer facing role.
- 1+ year(s) of experience administering, implementing or supporting Okta products and technologies.
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and IIS.
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities both from a high level and deeply granular viewpoint.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Okta Professional and Okta Administrator Certifications.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation.
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.