About the role:
You will be developing and supporting our partners to successfully deliver Okta services to our valued customers. The Manager will be working closely with our Business Development, Sales and Services teams to select, certify and prepare our System Integrator partners to build and grow their identity management practice based on the Okta service. The leader in this role will coordinate Okta’s implementation expertise to support partners; assist partners to re-brand Okta’s service offerings where applicable; provide project oversight to partners over a portfolio of implementations for the Enterprise customers; coordinate partner engagement between Sales, Services and the Partner organization.
The ideal candidate has both a business background that enables them to engage at the executive level, and a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and field sales reps. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
As a Partner Success Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assist delivery partners in scoping and managing deals to ensure Partner Primed projects align to Okta delivery methodology
- Define, manage, and execute on a partner delivery quality program
- Assist delivery partners in partner direct sales cycles to ensure best practices are being followed
- Design and sell Partner Success Packages to enable delivery partners to execute with quality
- Design learning plans and sell Okta training services to delivery partners
- Own relationships with Service Delivery partners
- Onboard and offboard delivery partners
- Accountable for delivery data and metrics
You would be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in sales or business development in the software/technology industry
- SaaS implementation experience
- Consulting experience, including at least 2 years of people/project management including remote team management experience
- Partner management experience including offering subject matter expertise and project management oversight.
- Knowledge in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Experience in developing and have used multiple implementation methodologies
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Able to be a hands-on leader
- Excellent project management skills, including project planning, issue tracking and budget management
- Problem Solving
- Exhibits confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Identifies critical issues with ease and dedicatedly develops an action plan for resolution
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets
- Communicates with internal and external partners/customers and all levels of management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Assists in the facilitation of meetings, providing well defined agendas, tracking / handling action items and taking meeting notes
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/ sensitive information thoughtfully
- Demonstrates team leadership and is a highly effective teammate
- Facilitates effective team interaction
- Communicates effectively with partners and customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen partner/customer relationships
- Manages partner and customer expectations effectively
You might also have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.