Portfolio Release Manager
Okta’s education portfolio consists of instructor-led and on-demand courses across a growing portfolio of products, features, and increasingly advanced use cases. Training is sold a la carte or as an annual subscription to a growing audience of international students in localized languages. The Portfolio Release Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for project managing key curriculum development milestones, publishing courses in our learning systems, and conducting go-to-market strategies to get the word out about new learning assets. Measuring training consumption and learner feedback is critical to future course innovation and a key component of this role.
The successful candidate in this position will possess excellent communication skills, have a passion for project management, be adept at managing data sets that drive reporting insight, and be skilled at directing the activities of internal and external constituents who design, develop, and localize our courseware. We thrive as a team at Okta and expect this role to exemplify our core values of collaboration, transparency, innovation, and integrity.
This position reports directly to the Director of Curriculum Development.
- Project manage the release and maintenance cycles for both on-demand + instructor-led training courses; to include assets developed by eLearning vendors.
- Standardize release cycles so that they are predictable, repeatable, and visible by cross-functional teams; implement a cross-functional release sign-off process before each publication to mitigate surprises.
- Work with leadership to establish a content steering committee to share what our team is doing with other teams at Okta who create training content.
- Manage content localization activity and vendor relationships in partnership with other departments who conduct localization work.
- Design, document, and manage a content release process for our content that goes into our subscription offering; to include courses, documentation, on-demand lab access.
- Effectively identify and manage risks; clearly communicate proposed solutions to project stakeholders.
- Manage training content publishing in learning systems according to process guidelines and responsively troubleshoot issues.
- Analyze and report back on student/learner feedback as a key input to continuous improvement cycles.
Abilities and experience:
- Familiarity with SaaS business models and Education Services is desirable
- 3-5 years experience in project management, agile development, and SCRUM
- 3-5 years functional and technical experience with Release and Change Management processes
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and set expectations among multiple teams
- Laser focus on detail and quality
- Sees and communicates risks to deadlines and quality and suggests solutions
- Content management experience + familiarity with Box, MS Office, G-drive, GitHub, Confluence, and Jira
- Localization management experience + familiarity with XTM and translation vendor tools
- eLearning publication experience + familiarity with SCORM and Cornerstone OnDemand
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.