Okta’s projects, like our Identity services, connect people and technology and require the project manager to actively participate in setting a standard of excellence focused on time-to-value. As project manager at Okta, you will lead complex identity access management (IAM) projects using your professional services expertise. You will primarily be focused on initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, and providing oversight to the work of assigned professional services (PS) team members. This includes being a liaison between the customer and all other project stakeholders. You act as a leader for the project as you influence the best performance of the project team.
As a Project Manager you are critical to the overall management of projects delivered by the services team. You will be collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally with our customers, while demonstrating a commitment to assigned project goals.
Your success in this role requires ability to lead the delivery of projects in accordance to project deadlines, within budget, and demonstrated value of services. You have a strong technical project management background with excellent communication and coordination skills.
At Okta professional services our vision focuses on time-to-value for our customers with a key focus on customer success. Under the supervision of Delivery Managers and Regional Directors our Project Managers play a vital role in delivering the Okta services in a dynamic and high paced environment. We at Okta are Always On with a real passion for Customer Success and our Professional Services team ensures our customers achieve the best and the fastest value possible.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Successfully leads the entire project delivery lifecycle while ensuring customer success.
- Manages several projects simultaneously in alignment with Okta’s professional services project portfolio.
- Demonstrated resilience, tact, influence, and problem-solving skills in a variety of complex situations.
- Administers formal change control in accordance to any changes in scope, time, and cost.
- Employ scope, time, cost, resource, communication, and risk management.
- Partners with cross-functional teams at Okta to ensure project and customer success.
- Identify customer opportunities to position the sale of other desired services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
- 4 years of dynamically responsible experience in project management.
- Relevant combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform leading projects.
- Track record in successfully leading the delivery of projects for multiple clients/customers.
- Consulting services experience working with matrix management skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Expertise in project management, business analysis, software delivery lifecycle, and SaaS.
- Demonstrated leader, who is self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and organized.
- Experience in risk identification, assessment of unintended effects of project changes, and risk avoidance or mitigation.
- Project Management professional certification or another relevant accreditation preferred.
- Applied understanding of SaaS delivery concepts and familiarity of IAM.
- Ability to travel up to 30% at times.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.