Okta is looking for a strategic, mission-driven leader to join our team as the Director of Partner Success. You will be responsible for driving customer value by leading and maturing Okta’s Partner Success function. Leading our growing Partner Success teams by driving global execution of partner programs and producing favorable business outcomes for partners and customers in a consistent and measurable way is critical.
The partner success leader impacts the way Okta teams manage our service delivery partners and provides leadership across our global organization. This is a highly visible role that serves as the face of our Services Partners and the Services Delivery Partner Program.
The ideal candidate has both a delivery leadership background that enables them to easily interact with service delivery leaders and partner executives. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Own relationships and strategically manage service delivery partner teams.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with key partner stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Collaborate across Okta to meet our business objectives with delivery partners and effectively coordinate with internal teams including product marketing, support, engineering, alliance teams, and sales teams.
- Serve as the voice of the partner delivery teams and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas of partner engagement with Okta.
- Define, manage, and execute on a delivery partner quality program.
- Collaborate with Professional Services leadership to design partner expert services programs and packages.
- Articulate learning and training plans for delivery partners.
- Provide vision and direction to our partners to execute Okta’s product implementations for our global customers.
- Maintain effective relationships internally with all functions and drive change management considering interests and impact of all stakeholders.
- Be the point of escalation for partners to reach out to in Okta .
- Hire, develop, enable, and empower the team of partner success managers and partner success architects.
- Be the internal and external evangelist for the Services Delivery Partner Program.
- Recommend initiatives to improve the overall performance of partners and Okta’s partner success team.
- Collaborate closely with other leaders to identify, design and roll out new programs and offerings that meet the needs of our evolving partner base and product portfolio.
- 5+ or more years of SaaS implementation experience.
- 4+ years of consulting experience, including at least 2 years of people/project management including remote team management experience (Strongly preferred).
- 3+ years of partner management experience including offering subject matter expertise and project management oversight (preferred).
- Broad knowledge in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space.
- Experience in developing and have used multiple implementation methodologies.
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
- Able to be a hands-on leader.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels .
- Embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Hands-on experience with project delivery, including all aspects of program management.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience in managing enterprise application implementations, with end to end responsibility for program/project management.
- Strategic thinker who can blend consulting and business strategy to innovate and develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives.
- A strong passion for delivering value to partners.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with a proven ability to inspire, motivate and focus teams as well as influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Excellent communication, presentation, program management and facilitation skills.
- Strong understanding of all facets of SaaS post-sales motions, including Implementation, Consulting Services, Success, Technical Support, and Training.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $222,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.