The Services Engagement Manager, Public Sector is a Services Sales role responsible for selling Okta Professional Services and Professional Services business development to our Public Sector (FED) customers. We are looking for an experienced services sales person who excels in positioning the value of Okta Professional Services assisting in customer’s meeting their business needs with C-level personnel and negotiating SOW terms and fees. The PS Technical Manager is accountable for meeting Professional Services booking quota and is a governing partner during delivery.
You will partner with the license sales team and lead with scoping, selling, and positioning of Okta Professional Services with the goal of delighting our customers by accelerating their time to value. As a governing partner during delivery, you will provide leadership and mentoring as needed to the PS Delivery team, responsible for a smooth transition to the Delivery team, and collaborate with the Customer Success ecosystem to ensure deployment meets what was sold. Finally, you will also responsible for the continuous improvement of services sales processes and methods. This role will report to the VP of Professional Services, Enterprise West Region.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Articulate and sell the value of Okta Services within prospective and existing accounts enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, and Architects to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Own Services pursuits (bookings quota) and revenue performance in territory
- Plan and lead Professional Services scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans
- Plan and lead Training positioning and discovery with prospective customers, make training recommendations, and ensure appropriate training is included in proposals and quotes.
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure customer success
- Being recognized by customer as a trusted advisor in product deployment and process decisions.
- Perform in a billable capacity as a governing partner during implementation to continue customer sponsor and executive relationship, and assist with critical issues and expectation coordination.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, and collateral
- 8+ years of experience selling Professional Services or Technology Solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in the Public Sector space.
- Have met and exceeded bookings and utilization targets.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with key partners throughout a delivery process.
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Breadth of knowledge executing the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, and delivering to the customer SOW’s that meet customers documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Some experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID)
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and state of the art infrastructures
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred
- AD and LDAP experience is useful.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, Okta preferred
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience working with Public Sector/State & Local Government customers
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a fairly technical level
You exhibit confidence and a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems. In addition, we want someone who displays certainty in driving requirements, estimating, scoping, and selling proposals. You can identify critical issues with ease, while pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
- Drives customer interactions and provides mentorship and structure to SOW proposal development and PS sales cycles
- Communicates with internal and external customers and management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully
Team and Customer Interaction
- Facilitates and leads effective team interaction
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business and technical solutions with customers
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Manages client expectations effectively
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $171,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.