Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
We are looking for a dynamic, people centric and engaging Sr. Community Programs Manager!
You're an independent go–getter that drives engagement and best practices by developing and building a comprehensive engagement program for the online community program for post-sale engagement and issue resolution for our customers and partners. As the Sr. Community Programs Manager you are the evangelist and represent the voice of the community. Your focus will be on making our customer community as meaningfully engaged as possible, supporting members with their questions, facilitating engagement programs, improving engagement processes and ensuring that we are building a welcoming, engaging, trusting and credible community environment. This includes the social channels as well. The Sr. Community Programs Manager will design and build programs to leverage the community in meeting company goals:
- The community will be the single destination for existing customers and partners to consume the latest information about Okta (new product announcements and releases, adoption best practices, support/security issues, end of life notices, etc) and their customer life cycle journey.
- Provide customers and partners with a robust self service online experience where they reduce dependence on case-based interactions with the global support team.
- Allow customers and partners to provide input into Okta's product roadmaps
- Foster and enable community experts and leaders to contribute to customers' success and their online experience.
As a result, this role will drive operational efficiencies and help Okta scale by leveraging technology and communities that drive customer success.
- Build cross-functional community management framework and efficiencies via partnerships with Product, Support, Business Technology Marketing, Customer Success and various Okta teams. (example: community influence on product roadmap)
- Strategic Support: Assisting in the development of engagement strategy to define, discover, and engage new and inactive members. Assists with the roadmap outline for Okta community growth and adaptation.
- Community engagement: Building and facilitating relationships with community members, engaging daily within the Okta Customer Community to increase activity. This is conducted through Slack, Facebook, Twitter and the community platform.
- Drive membership & engagement in the community via engaging content, discussions forums, groups, campaigns, events, social care channels, etc.
- Onboarding Support: Help to improve onboarding experience by increasing activation rate amongst new members.
- Campaign Engagement: Design and assist on communications and email campaigns to activate and engage members of the community through our platforms and social media. Reaching out to passive members to assist with increasing monthly active members and usage.
- Build internal and external feedback loops for program improvement
- Community Online Moderation: Working alongside moderators answering questions, resolving conflicts, and reviewing spam. Ensuring that community guidelines and values are being met to keep the Okta community safe and inclusive. Establish and tune moderation and support/escalation processes.
- Supervise topic-based discussions to ensure resolution of technical challenges that have been raised through community and social media channels.
- Identify opportunities to “reduce the friction” and motivate customers to engage self-service or peer-based support options (e.g., Community Forums) first before submitting cases.
- Identify and develop expert and MVP member programs building a strong community of brand advocates and technical evangelists.
- Drive knowledge base articles and various content creation directed towards customer inquiries from the Okta community.
- Reporting: Tracking and reporting community activity and KPIs using internal and external dashboards. Identifying successful metrics and analytical trends. Develop/distribute regular leadership reports for business reviews.
- Analyze data and surface insights from the community to advocate on behalf of customers, drive decision making to improve products and processes, and drive long term customer and partner loyalty.
- Be a liaison with the Customer Marketing team to coordinate overall social media and community engagement and interactions.
- Strong project/program management experience (~5 years).
- 3+ years Community Management experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment with remote teams
- Strong comfort with technology and experience working with technical teams.
- Familiarity with product support and product development technologies and processes.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamically changing environment
- Proven ability to execute tasks with high quality and within time constraints
- Data driven approach to decision-making and program design.
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)Experience with Salesforce, Khoros, or other community platforms desirable
- Experience with Salesforce, Khoros, or other community platforms desirable
- Experience with major social media platforms (LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Jive) and experience executing best practices either on your own behalf or on behalf of a brand.
- Communication: Communication skills and written English are excellent, and you have a natural ability to motivate people to engage.
- Great Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Social Awareness: You are passionate and deeply curious about the community industry, and have an excellent understanding of the challenges that community professionals face
- Emotional Intelligence: You bring your unique personal voice and passion into your work. You’re passionate about what makes online communities stick.
- Empathy-centered: You bring positive, empathetic, and level-headed energy to the a team environment, interactions, and communities you manage that energizes, and can thoughtfully manage conflict when it arises. You are passionate about ensuring the community is welcoming, supportive, engage, and connect all participants and members.
- Proactive Contributor: You are a talented relationship builder, successful in developing strong ties among cross functional partnerships, team members and between community members and community team.
- Creative: You’re creative and are comfortable experimenting with new ideas and approaches for connection and engagement.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.