As a senior curriculum developer at Okta, the primary responsibilities will be to create Okta learning content for our customers, partners, and employees. This position will focus on the creation and maintenance of: on-demand video and eLearning content, and instructor led course materials including hands-on lab activities. The curriculum developer will be a part of a team building a growing training department. The candidate must have strong instructional design and project management skills. Prior experience and proven success in curriculum development and design is critical. Prior training delivery experience is a plus. To be successful in this position, you will be flexible and ready to take on any tasks that relate to continually improving the training process as well as contribute to its strategy. We thrive as a team at Okta and expect this role to exemplify our core values of collaboration, transparency, innovation, and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Develop instructor led training materials for classroom and virtual courses: participant and leader guides, job aids, hands-on lab activities, and presentation materials focused on interactivity.
- Design and create engaging on-demand video and eLearning content.
- Analyze learning needs to design effective training content.
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to provide input for training content.
- Create and maintain course lab environments.
- Create content that supports the certification process.
- Provide solutions and innovation to training and enablement strategy and processes.
- Contribute to and use the knowledge management and learning management repositories.
- Collaborate within the customer success team to deliver on shared goals.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of technical curriculum development experience, including:
- Experience writing technical customer-facing learning content including hands-on labs
- Experience with MS Office suite, authoring tools, and LMS systems
- Broad knowledge and experience in web-based training development and technology
- Experience with Agile content development methodology is a plus
- Broad knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space, including:
- Single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication, and contextual access management
- Federated authentication including SAML and Open ID Connect
- User lifecycle management, provisioning, user directories, and profile mastering
- Application access, authorization, integrations, and APIs
- Access management for B2E, B2B, and B2C use cases
- Access control to applications and services on-premises or in the cloud
- Identity providers and service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide range of audiences and build relationships across all lines of business
- Training delivery experience preferred
- Experience working with SaaS products such as Box, Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite etc. preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in taking on any challenge and changing directions if needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast moving environment individually and as a team
- Consistent track record of delivering quality projects on time
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer